Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

Wait, is Princeton doing their notifications by phone this year? That seems like it would be a bit out of sync with the method of notification they appear to normally use (or, at least, out of sync with the method of notification for decisions posted on the results board over the past several years). 

8 minutes ago, reify_this said:

Wait, is Princeton doing their notifications by phone this year? That seems like it would be a bit out of sync with the method of notification they appear to normally use (or, at least, out of sync with the method of notification for decisions posted on the results board over the past several years). 

I bet we see a bunch of email accepts/rejects tomorrow or Friday. It might have been somebody already in contact with a POI who received an informal call after the committee finalized their decisions?

1 minute ago, oedipus said:

I bet we see a bunch of email accepts/rejects tomorrow or Friday. It might have been somebody already in contact with a POI who received an informal call after the committee finalized their decisions?

Not clear it'll be tomorrow or whatever but yeah, I bet that's it, just a heads up to a very good applicant that they're wanted.

2 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Looks like an acceptance to Brown on the results board. If that's not @goofylemon, looks like Brown is starting to notify.

I just saw that too and immediately checked my app status. Still only showing as "submitted". :(

17 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Looks like an acceptance to Brown on the results board. If that's not @goofylemon, looks like Brown is starting to notify.

14 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

I just saw that too and immediately checked my app status. Still only showing as "submitted". :(

Unfortunately It's not me. I have claimed on results board very earlier last week.

So I am really not making you guys panic, but honestly it's not me.

Edited by goofylemon

Hi there. I'm another long-time lurker. Only applied to four schools, one of which is Brown. @goofylemon , would you mind answering this question-- when you log in to the website, does it say you've been accepted there or is your status still "submitted" (you were notified via a personal email, right?)?

1 hour ago, c11m07 said:

Hi there. I'm another long-time lurker. Only applied to four schools, one of which is Brown. @goofylemon , would you mind answering this question-- when you log in to the website, does it say you've been accepted there or is your status still "submitted" (you were notified via a personal email, right?)?

1 hour ago, lioneironaut said:

Interesting about Brown, because they've literally never notified this early from the results history. My guess is that one is another special case and we won't hear until next week.

I have already received Brown's official acceptance letter, just a few hours before. My POI has contacted me and told me "not literally", but prepare to pack my bag and move to Providence lol...

I am sure Brown is sending multiple acceptance letters today. Hope everyone good luck! The visit date is the pi day. (3.14)

Can anyone claim the Brown admit from last night? Last I checked, the highest possible score on each section of the GRE is 170, with total points possible being 340. The post shows GRE scores as 191/169/5.00. Typo, maybe?

3 minutes ago, Shay825 said:

Can anyone claim the Brown admit from last night? Last I checked, the highest possible score on each section of the GRE is 170, with total points possible being 340. The post shows GRE scores as 191/169/5.00. Typo, maybe?

Definitely a typo!! *not claiming it though, obvs*

*I had a dream last night* that I saw Brandeis admits on the board, and my heart sank cause I didn't get one. Then I saw a post here where someone said "Brandeis will send out their decisions by midnight." and I ended up getting an email and thought I was rejected, but I got waitlisted! I was so relieved in the dream to get waitlisted at Brandeis haha. This was all a dream though. 

Cause in years past, there was only 3 spots and over 80 applicants.  

Hopefully we get some good Brandeis news soon!! 

On 2/4/2016 at 7:53 AM, Shay825 said:

i am seeking this second Brown admit too. If it is ever possible, please PM me.

On 2/4/2016 at 8:00 AM, gingin6789 said:

*I had a dream last night* that I saw Brandeis admits on the board, and my heart sank cause I didn't get one. Then I saw a post here where someone said "Brandeis will send out their decisions by midnight." and I ended up getting an email and thought I was rejected, but I got waitlisted! I was so relieved in the dream to get waitlisted at Brandeis haha. This was all a dream though. 

Oh @gingin6789 , you will be fine! I see no reason why Brandeis not extending offers for applicants like you.

14 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

I feel very strongly that you will get a Brandeis admission. Your stats are stellar!

@Shay825 @gingin6789 I actually applied to Brandeis last year and was wait listed. Initially I was bummed, but when the DOGS told me they were only able to admit 4 – I felt much better.

I reapplied this year hoping for a different outcome. But I know both of you are fantastic candidates and shouldn't have any issues being admitted!!! :)

I will say that Brandeis isn't the BEST fit, but I would have to consider if admitted.

Hope we hear some news soon!

Edited by ConsciousKid