Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

13 minutes ago, maryelizabeth said:

claiming an emory rejection that arrived late yesterday.  ah well.

As a fellow Emory reject, I raise my glass of pink Moscato to you! I've been there, and it suuuucks. 

*hugs* sorry to hear about the bad news :-(

4 hours ago, ConsciousKid said:

Thank you @mm3733 @Shay825 @gingin6789 ! I am at a loss for words. . . I'm a Providence native and this has been a dream of mine forever. Very very thankful for this opportunity.

Congrats. As I have been hanging here looking for other Brown admits, I am super happy to see anothe grad cafe Brownie. Welcome to the cohort of 2016. I'll see you in March 14. Why don't we PM to share the POI and research interests :) 

Edited by goofylemon

1 hour ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

With four admits and a pretty small cohort, I wonder if there will be any more Brown admits, or if rejections should be coming soon...

I quickly scanned past years and it seems like 4-7 admits post per year (usually 4-5 I think). I'm thinking rejections will come start of next week. There's still hope I suppose, but I'm bracing myself for my first rejection (first news at all!). :/

9 minutes ago, c11m07 said:

I quickly scanned past years and it seems like 4-7 admits post per year (usually 4-5 I think). I'm thinking rejections will come start of next week. There's still hope I suppose, but I'm bracing myself for my first rejection (first news at all!). :/

Yea, I'm thinking the same thing. Brown will be rejection #6 for me. I just want this season to be over with. 4 more rejections and I'm done.

8 hours ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Yea, I'm thinking the same thing. Brown will be rejection #6 for me. I just want this season to be over with. 4 more rejections and I'm done.

I'm sure people keep saying this and you're probably tired of hearing it, but it's not over until it's over-- even without Brown, something could pan out at the other three schools. That being said, I think I get where you're coming from. It's incredibly frustrating to be in this limbo (can we just call it hell?) that keeps feeling less hopeful. Anyway, I'm rooting for you, but yeah-- this is brutal.

I've been trying to do whatever I can to take my mind off it-- with very limited success. Do something to take care of yourself today if you can.  

2 hours ago, c11m07 said:

I'm sure people keep saying this and you're probably tired of hearing it, but it's not over until it's over-- even without Brown, something could pan out at the other three schools.

I agree.  It's really disheartening to get bad news and almost as bad to expect bad news.  I stopped looking at the grad results search page and stick (mostly!) to the forums after seeing a waitlist entry for a program I applied to, and nearly weeping over a cup of coffee and overthinking how I could have made my application better.  And then the same day I got an acceptance!  The same thing happened to a good friend of mine last year when she was applying to a program - convinced herself that she wasn't going to get into her dream school because she saw lots of acceptances on the search forum, until a month later she saw she got in.  Even then she said she wished she hadn't looked because it kind of made her feel like she was a "second pick" but then got over it and rejoiced in getting into the school she wanted to.  Anyway, even if you're waitlisted at a program that isn't the end... February fortunately/unfortunately has a long way to go and things could very well shift.  Good luck, and I hope you get some good news soon!  

Edited by ts1493

38 minutes ago, asurachm said:

Just received an offer from Syracuse Sociology program (Maxwell). Full funding for four years (fellowship + assistantship). 

Excellent!!! *throws confetti for you* Congratulations!!

3 hours ago, goofylemon said:

NYU and Princeton may be notifying applicants next week. What a shaky week.

15 minutes ago, redhillgirl said:

Also Columbia (and the long overdue Duke).  

Have you two called the departments or are you just going off prior years' results?