YALE MFA 2016

MovingTarget22

1 hour ago, hypoart said:

Y'all:

I just did a results search and noticed that someone from this year's application cycle did receive an interview request from Yale.  They received an email on January 29th.  Congratulations to whomever you are!  No easy feat to be granted an interview from Yale! 

womp womp womp.

I'm assuming rejection at this point unless each department contacts people separately, since that person is Painting/Drawing and I applied for photo.  

oh i wouldn't assume that yet it seems highly unlikely that only one person got an interview on the entire forum. I don't think the announcement has happened yet, even if we are rejected we will receive and email advising us to check our application status at the same time and the application status will indicate either interview or rejection. don't lose faith guys!

Edited by <><><><><>

4 minutes ago, <><><><><> said:

oh i wouldn't assume that yet it seems highly unlikely that only one person got an interview on the entire forum. I don't think the announcement has happened yet, even if we are rejected we will receive and email advising us to check our application status at the same time and the application status will indicate either interview or rejection. don't loose faith guys!

Agreed. I'm a little surprised, given that in past years seems like they've notified everyone at once. 

Maybe someone from the art school is trolling us, who knows (:  

Edited by Relm

it could be another joke.  Except better than mine, because if that was the case, they succeeded in freaking everyone out.  Who is the performance artist that did this?  Har har

Edited by BlCEO

yeah honestly that could have been anyone!  I doubt we are all that crazy that we are in that serious of denial. Its totally possible that none of us got an invite but I think its a little weird that we didn't get a rejection since they have usually been handed out together.  

I don't think notifications went out. I also can't find this acceptance notification everyone keeps speaking of. Can someone copy and paste or share that? At this point I'm thinking it will be tonight or Monday. I interviewed last year and everything is usually done at once. Interview requests and rejections. 

Edited by MovingTarget22

6 minutes ago, arte said:

56ad44d981b0e_ScreenShot2016-01-31at8.18

You can find it with results search.

I searched for it. I'm pretty savvy with a search bar. I'm also using a mobile device. This looks sketchy. I'm not doubting it but last year an interview request note was simply placed above the payment confirmation,  but what do I know....? Just wait it out. 

Edited by MovingTarget22

12 minutes ago, MovingTarget22 said:

I searched for it. I'm pretty savvy with a search bar. I'm also using a mobile device. This looks sketchy. I'm not doubting it but last year an interview request note was simply placed above the payment confirmation,  but what do I know....? Just wait it out. 

There is that red diamond that I haven't seen included with any other interview notifications.  Just gotta be patient. Good luck, everyone.

ok, I think somebody is trolling, or put in wrong major. 

When you put your cursor on the red diamond, it show that person's gpa and gre score, and we all know that we don't need gre score. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 9.06.23 AM.png

Edited by arte

12 minutes ago, arte said:

ok, I think somebody is trolling, or put in wrong major. 

When you put your cursor on the red diamond, it show that person's gpa and gre score, and we all know that we don't need gre score. 

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 9.06.23 AM.png

Yeah, whoever it is might've meant to put art history. 

Edited by cpw0021

3 minutes ago, lurkinloverly said:

Hey everybody, I'm late to the party.  I'm freaking right on out with all of you.  Did anyone get any hits on their websites from New Haven?  I haven't and I'm totally deflated.  Blah...

I got one from New Town, Conneticut about 2 weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, AKW94 said:

I got a hit on my site from New Heaven, Connecticut around 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's from someone on this site or Yale...

I'm looking at your work and thinking it is very yale-friendly.  If you didn't get an invite I'm going to go ahead and assume no one did :D

4 hours ago, hypoart said:

Y'all:

I just did a results search and noticed that someone from this year's application cycle did receive an interview request from Yale.  They received an email on January 29th.  Congratulations to whomever you are!  No easy feat to be granted an interview from Yale! 

No emails notifications from Yale. thats for sure

1 hour ago, AKW94 said:

I got a hit on my site from New Heaven, Connecticut around 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's from someone on this site or Yale...

Do you have google analytics?  If so you can see how they got to your website.  If it was somebody on here clicking a link from here it will note the forum as a medium or path to your site. If it was typed directly into their browser or google searched it will note that - which may be a likelier scenario if it was somebody from Yale.  Also, you can look at the service provider - if it is a person looking from the university network, it will say "Yale University" or something like that. When I applied to school last year I was obsessed with google analytics.  Trying not to repeat that behavior this time around but failing supremely.

Just now, hypoart said:

News?!

Noooo! hah 

Hey guys. 

I called Yale 2 days ago(maybe thursday?), because of my toefl score.

My application status says that it hasn't arrived yet. 

Yale's admission office said I don't have to worry because their overall application update is not completed yet.

And said it might be completed on friday.

But it's saturday now and my status is same, I think it'll be uploaded in next week.

So. Let's stay calm!:D:D