Graduate Institute Geneva (IHEID) - Fall 2016

Mangrovia

On 3/26/2016 at 7:27 AM, XMGL said:

Hello and congratulations on your admission! Thats odd... I think the majority of us got the admission and financial aid decision at the same time. Maybe you sould send the admission office an email asking them about this. By the way they are closed for public easter holiday until Monday, and they will probably get back to you by Tuesday.

As to renegotiating financial aid, I sent them and email asking them of a possiblity for reevaluation and they shut me down by telling me they had already defined a list of candidates to be on the waiting list for financial aid....maybe we can keep on insisting......

Any idea if they told people whether they have been wait listed for aid? I'm crossing my fingers haha...

Lolothefirecat I think they have already let the waitlisted candidates know. Just In case this is the message I received from the admissions office:

"We thank you for your message and understand your difficult situation. 
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications, we were not able to grant a scholarship to all the students who needed substantial financial aid. We have already defined a list of candidates to be on the waiting list for scholarships and we do not have any more financial support for this year.
We invite you to contact Private Foundations and/or Governmental aid agencies in your country."

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed as well!

To everyone asking about the Picciotto residence applications, IHEID's Housing Administration literally just sent out an email ;) Choose your options wisely, guys! 

On 3/27/2016 at 6:39 PM, Independence said:

Hello Everyone!!! Congratulations):) I have received admission for Development Studies. But the university has denied my scholarship. Can anyone suggest few scholarships for Indian students. Thank you in advance

Sorry @Independence, I know of only the Swiss Excellence Scholarship and the deadline for that was in November 2015. I think the best thing you can do right now is write to the Swiss Embassy in New Delhi, or take an appointment there. They should be able to provide you with an exhaustive list. It will be much better than just googling randomly because you might miss out on some great opportunities if you don't know the exact name of the scholarship.

You can get in touch with Indraneel Ghose, Senior Advisor, Education, Research and Innovation, Embassy of Switzerland, New Delhi  at ndh.scholarship at eda.admin.ch, He was the point person when I contacted them regarding the Swiss Excellence Scholarship. 

Best of luck! 

For those of you who are applying for the Student House at IHEID, are there price differences depending on which floor you choose (inférieur, intermédiaire, supérieur)? 

1 hour ago, ilmk92 said:

For those of you who are applying for the Student House at IHEID, are there price differences depending on which floor you choose (inférieur, intermédiaire, supérieur)? 

Yeah, I learnt the higher floors cost more than the lower ones.

Hey guys!

Looks like the facebook group for IHEID 2016 is getting a little more active. They have started creating subgroups for each programme. 

Everyone admitted to the International Relations/Political Science programme here is ours - https://www.facebook.com/groups/238964303121073/

See you all there! :D

Hey! Anyone from the International Law LL.M? have you heard anything about the scholarships? Also, is there already a facebook group for that programme? I have not been accepted to the group IHEID 2016 :( even though I was already admitted to the Institute.
Thank you!!

@LauraLyCe your Facebook name should be the same as the name you used in your application (that is your real name) since they confirm with the admitted student list before anyone is accepted into the group. I, for instance, was not added till I changed my Facebook name to the name I used for my application. 

Best.

4 hours ago, kotsa said:

@LauraLyCe your Facebook name should be the same as the name you used in your application (that is your real name) since they confirm with the admitted student list before anyone is accepted into the group. I, for instance, was not added till I changed my Facebook name to the name I used for my application. 

Best.

Thank you! I already got accepted :)

Hi everyone! I'm still stuck deciding between programs (IHEID VS Georgetown VS Denver) and I figured I would try my luck on this forum:)

Are there any current students or alumni in the Political Science/International Relations who can tell me a little about the strengths and weaknesses of the program? Advice they would give to people who are about to go into the program? Anything they discovered after they started?

Thanks for the help:)

(if you know of a better place to post or people to contact, please let me know!) 

On 3/28/2016 at 11:34 PM, mxdc said:

Hello everyone! I got my acceptance letter last week but I still have not received the instructions on how to apply for housing. Did you guys already get yours o will they send them tomorrow as it says on the website? 

Also, do you know if the university has a gym?

Thanks in advance! 

Hey, Congratulations!

I did receive the housing application email a few days back, what about you? 

The Institute's student house does have a gym (according to the website), but I am not sure how expensive it will be. Looking at the general gym prices across the city I am worried I will have to say goodbye to conventional strength training. :(

On 1 aprile 2016 at 6:51 PM, Lolothefirecat said:

Hi everyone! I'm still stuck deciding between programs (IHEID VS Georgetown VS Denver) and I figured I would try my luck on this forum:)

Are there any current students or alumni in the Political Science/International Relations who can tell me a little about the strengths and weaknesses of the program? Advice they would give to people who are about to go into the program? Anything they discovered after they started?

Thanks for the help:)

(if you know of a better place to post or people to contact, please let me know!) 

Hey @Lolothefirecat. As for the MIA Programme, the current class representative showed up on our Facebook subgroup to answer our questions. I would suggest to reach out to the IR/PS current class representative, ours seems very resourceful!

• 2 months later...

Hi all!! Its great to be in touch with you all IHEID potential grads :) I have a question and I hope someone helps me with it. I recieved a full scholarship to study Masters in international law at the Graduate institute and I too got accepted by chevening to study in the UK in aberdeen university. I am very confused to take a final decision as the IHEID is very reputable in the field of international law and affairs, and at the same time it is very hard to sacrifice Chevening even if the university is not top listed. Does anyone know the chances of scholarship renewal in the second year of study in the IHEID?? I will be very glad if someone answers me!! Thank you all and looking forward to seeing you all this september.