DrPH Admission Decision Waiting Game - Apps, Interviews and Final Decisions!

DrPH_HI

@saving_the_world Thank you for that info. And again congrats!!! I do have one more question, when was your application finalized-confirmed, when did the school receive your completed app, because I thought I was told the sooner they receive your completed app the sooner they would have a decision-once they came to a decision that is. Not sure how accurate that is. 

Hi Everyone!

I am really glad I found this thread because I have been freaking out about this whole process. So, it's nice to have others to freak out with.

I applied to:

1. Tulane- Rejected 2/10/2016

2. UT- Rejected 2/21/2016

3. Colorado School of Public Health- Rejected today (2/22/2016)

4. GWU- no word yet. I'm thinking that is not a good sign and I'll probably get that rejection email any day now

5. Columbia- Also, suspecting that rejection any day now

6. Florida International University

7. Oregon MPH (but really it's their doctoral program)

8. LSU

9. University of Arizona

10. Georgia Southern University- Have not submitted that application yet

11. University of Alabama- Also, have not submitted this application yet

6 hours ago, CrimsonEyes said:

@saving_the_world Thank you for that info. And again congrats!!! I do have one more question, when was your application finalized-confirmed, when did the school receive your completed app, because I thought I was told the sooner they receive your completed app the sooner they would have a decision-once they came to a decision that is. Not sure how accurate that is. 

@CrimsonEyes I submitted right on the deadline, and my application was finalized/ confirmed in the second week of January. 

This wasn't my first rodeo. So, I don't believe the submission/confirmation date affects when they make a decision on an applicant. 

I received my acceptance to BU DrPH today! It was an email from the course director, still waiting on financial aid decision though.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the only other place I applied to was Harvard and I haven't heard anything from them besides creating my log-in for the website. I checked the status this morning and it still says it's under review but I wasn't invited to an interview so I doubt I will get anything positive.

However, I am THRILLED about BU!!!!! Happy to answer any questions about my application.

Congratulations @Pszczolka for the acceptance to BU! Would you be open to sharing the financial aid package offered to you once you find out? I think applicants could benefit from any info we gather around what students are getting offered in terms of support as DrPH candidates. 

@DraPHt2016 I will be interviewing with them too although I'm not exactly thrilled about the drive up to Athens at the crack of dawn to get there by 8:15AM. 

51 minutes ago, ph_phd said:

Has anyone heard from Berkeley's program? I haven't and I am getting antsy! 

I got an email to check the website last night......for the big R! So maybe it's a good thing you haven't heard from them yet? Also, rejected from Drexel today :-( TGIF!

4 minutes ago, DraPHt2016 said:

I got an email to check the website last night......for the big R! So maybe it's a good thing you haven't heard from them yet? Also, rejected from Drexel today :-( TGIF!

Sorry to hear that. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I just logged into the website and it still says "submitted" under status... wooo. waiting game continues.

So, I accepted a $100k+ job offer this week. This means that my drph/phd hopes are officially dead. I had applied to these schools in case mba job offers were measly. Even though I wont attend if admitted, I am not withdrawing my applications, I want to see what happens! I might apply next year to the part time drphs or any others.

9 hours ago, AlphacentauriC said:

So, I accepted a $100k+ job offer this week. This means that my drph/phd hopes are officially dead. I had applied to these schools in case mba job offers were measly. Even though I wont attend if admitted, I am not withdrawing my applications, I want to see what happens! I might apply next year to the part time drphs or any others.

Congrats on the job offer but do none of the programs you applied to offer part-time? I know BU does since that's what I'm planning on doing. They are also flexible on switching between part-time and full-time depending on the semester.

I wanted to post an update as I received my financial aid package for BU today. I was given a scholarship for 28 credits out of the 48 credits required for the degree (they value it at approximately $44k). I'm thrilled with this because I'm planning on doing the degree part-time and this will pay for more than the first year of study. That gives me ample time to find additional funding. When I've been looking at scholarships, most were geared for after the first year or dissertation work so this works out well.

I have no idea if everyone was offered this - the letter said I was chosen based on the strength of my application and interview but that's probably just standard wording.

I hope this helps someone!

17 hours ago, Pszczolka said:

I wanted to post an update as I received my financial aid package for BU today. I was given a scholarship for 28 credits out of the 48 credits required for the degree (they value it at approximately $44k). I'm thrilled with this because I'm planning on doing the degree part-time and this will pay for more than the first year of study. That gives me ample time to find additional funding. When I've been looking at scholarships, most were geared for after the first year or dissertation work so this works out well.

I have no idea if everyone was offered this - the letter said I was chosen based on the strength of my application and interview but that's probably just standard wording.

I hope this helps someone!

Hi Pszczolka and everyone else. I have a question: when you got your admission letter initially, did it mention anything about a scholarship? I got an acceptance letter at Tufts yesterday but there was no mention of funding. Does that mean no funding or does that notification come subsequently?

51 minutes ago, El-Hajj said:

Hi Pszczolka and everyone else. I have a question: when you got your admission letter initially, did it mention anything about a scholarship? I got an acceptance letter at Tufts yesterday but there was no mention of funding. Does that mean no funding or does that notification come subsequently?

@El-Hajj, congrats on the acceptance! 

When I received my acceptance I also got a second letter that mentioned I was being considered for financial aid. I actually got the letter with the financial aid about 1.5 weeks after. If you got accepted then I would just email them and ask - now that you're in you can ask as many questions as you want ;-) Also, it's a fair question since it can be the deciding factor for some students. 

14 hours ago, Pszczolka said:

@El-Hajj, congrats on the acceptance! 

When I received my acceptance I also got a second letter that mentioned I was being considered for financial aid. I actually got the letter with the financial aid about 1.5 weeks after. If you got accepted then I would just email them and ask - now that you're in you can ask as many questions as you want ;-) Also, it's a fair question since it can be the deciding factor for some students. 

Thank you Pszczolka. 

Me again - just to update and say I was rejected my Harvard. I emailed to ask for a status update (I was going to accept BU either way as I prefer the program but I was curious about financial aid!) and a few hours later got a form email to check the portal for the decision letter. I saw that a few other people posted they were rejected today, as well, so maybe my email was coincidence. Either way, I'm not too surprised (no interview) or bummed as I'm very happy to be heading to BU but I thought it might be helpful for those still waiting.

7 minutes ago, CrimsonEyes said:

Thanks for the update @Pszczolka and I'm sorry to hear about the rejection but super excited that you are accepting BU!!! Congrats!!!  Im still waiting for my decision! so we shall see!

Are you waiting for Harvard?