DrPH Admission Decision Waiting Game - Apps, Interviews and Final Decisions!

DrPH_HI

On 3/9/2016 at 6:54 PM, DraPHt2016 said:

@Pszczolka thanks for sharing! I didn't get an interview either so I wouldn't be surprised if a rejection is forthcoming. I wonder why they are staggering the responses?

I think they have a much bigger pool of people they would accept versus spaces so they rank them and move down the list if they hear someone isn't accepting. Since there aren't the same kind of deadlines as for undergrad (or even Master's) I think they do it this way instead of officially waitlisting people. I have no proof of that, that's just my theory!

On 3/2/2016 at 9:28 PM, AlphacentauriC said:

Nope, I have heard nothing from Texas A&M. I did get my sweet rejections from UAB & UMinsesota! 

I got another sweet rejection, from Tufts, last week.

3 hours ago, AlphacentauriC said:

Yes! Got accepted by Tulane for the DrPH! Tulane was my 1st choice! Got the email today! And that....is sweet sweet sweet! 

Congrats!!! Getting into a first choice is always the best feeling :)  Do you mind sharing any financial aid/scholarship that you received?

5 minutes ago, Pszczolka said:

Congrats!!! Getting into a first choice is always the best feeling :)  Do you mind sharing any financial aid/scholarship that you received?

I only received the acceptance letter via email. The letter was from the general school of public health. They said the letters/emails from the specific department will be the one containing funding information. I am waiting for those emails/letters now...

1 hour ago, CTDrPH said:

Congratulations!!! What a great position to be in - your recent job offer and the Tulane acceptance!

Have you heard anything from Texas A&M as of yet? Still waiting patiently (even though an email I received on 03/09 stated we should all be hearing back this week)...

Yeah, tough choice. I really have to decide: going for the job or giving that up and choosing Tulane. What makes it very very hard is that I have worked all my life to get such a job. On the other hand, I have spent a lifetime fighting to get my drph, literally. I'm leaning on giving up the job (even though I already accepted it) and going to Tulane. I am waiting for funding information. If I get full funding...then I am choosing Tulane. 

I have heard nothing from Texas A&M. I think I have only received one email from them, back in Jan, about how my file was complete. Good luck and hang in there! 

Admitted to The University of Kentucky! Received the letter today!

My results so far;

Rejections: Tufts -DrPH, UMinnesota -PhD, UAB - DrPH

Admits: Tulane - DrPH, Kentucky -DrPH

Waiting: Ohio State -PhD, Boston University -DrPH, UIC - DrPH, Texas - DrPH, Texas A&M -DrPH

Effing mistake by the admission office, rendering my application 'defunct': UCLA! (I could have used the $45+$90 application fees to buy myself a sweet lunch, used the remainder to go to dinner! :) ).

Edited by AlphacentauriC

• 2 weeks later...

04/05/16: I received my beautiful rejection from BU! The admission committee claimed that they received lots of applications of only 6-8 slots. 

04/04/16: I received a sweet 'deferral' from matriculation from Tulane. So, I have one year to check out the dream job...if I am not happy...see ya in Nola in Fall 2017! 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there! Applied to the DrPH programs at JHSPH, Harvard, UNC and UIC. Just interviewed (teleconference) with 2 alumnae/faculty from UNC this past Tuesday. Checked JH's and Harvard's admissions portals today and both apps are still under review. No other info yet ?

Edited by Racqustar

On 2/16/2017 at 8:27 PM, Racqustar said:

Hi there! Applied to the DrPH programs at JHSPH, Harvard, UNC and UIC. Just interviewed (teleconference) with 2 alumnae/faculty from UNC this past Tuesday. Checked JH's and Harvard's admissions portals today and both apps are still under review. No other info yet ?

My application for JH still says under review also. 

I had my interview with HSPH DrPH Committee member 2 weeks ago, and last week they invite me for another interview with the Dean of Academic Affairs. I am unsure why the double interview, but the second one asked more about leadership roles. Anyone else got a second interview?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2017 at 11:14 PM, DrPH2017 said:

My application for JH still says under review also. 

Just got an email from JH stating that they are taking longer than usual. Rejection letter today from Harvard :(