2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

I've heard nothing so far, although Fordham is the only one I applied to that seems to have started sending out notices. Maybe that's bad news for me, maybe not. Nothing to do but wait and see until I hear something definitive...

Just now, jjb919 said:

I've heard nothing so far, although Fordham is the only one I applied to that seems to have started sending out notices. Maybe that's bad news for me, maybe not. Nothing to do but wait and see until I hear something definitive...

yeah it seems super early but if they sent out multiple interview requests... maybe start looking elsewhere. 

17 hours ago, lisamadura said:

This is madness!! I just got an email from Fordham saying that they will be calling me tomorrow with good news regarding my application. An acceptance?! Someone must be greasing palms for me. 

You are absolutely cleaning up, lisamadura!

I received the same email from Fordham last night and got the call this afternoon. So pumped! 

Just now, ghost of 'lectricity said:

You are absolutely cleaning up, lisamadura!

I received the same email from Fordham last night and got the call this afternoon. So pumped! 

awesome!!! you got accepted int he call, right?

if anybody else got calls/emails, can you let us know? i am only holding on to a thin strand of hope right now.

12 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

My call was an acceptance. 

Nice! Fordham is really great and in a really great place in NYC. I've always wanted to be a Jesuit, so I'm jelly. 

I'm also wondering whether anyone else on the forum received an email from Penn State regarding the interview, though I'm pretty sure that they contacted with the short-listed candidates. 

It looks like Irvine released a few different department's acceptances today, including LPS (HPS is within their Logic and Philosophy of Science department, separate from philosophy). There was one HPS post from Irvine today. 

And my email is sadly empty. :(

33 minutes ago, psm1580b said:

It looks like Irvine released a few different department's acceptances today, including LPS (HPS is within their Logic and Philosophy of Science department, separate from philosophy). There was one HPS post from Irvine today. 

And my email is sadly empty. :(

Wait really?! I don't see anything on the results page...

Edit: Never mind, I see it. Kind of strange though given that it's the only one...

Edited by Chrysippus'Doge

Congrats to everyone who's heard good news so far! I'm hoping to hear from WashU tomorrow. Ah! I'll be refreshing my email obsessively.

Also, are we sure about the Irvine LPS acceptance? If I'm looking at the right thing it says "history of science." Couldn't that be a separate department? Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part because I don't want to be shut out from my first three schools.

Edited by currentphilgrad

Any news from UC Berkeley yet? Does anyone know if they had earlier application deadlines last year? I noticed that most acceptances went out for Berkeley departments that had early or mid-December deadlines, but the philosophy deadline this year was Jan 5. Has the philosophy deadline always been this late? 

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting! 

28 minutes ago, philosopher_queen said:

Any news from UC Berkeley yet? Does anyone know if they had earlier application deadlines last year? I noticed that most acceptances went out for Berkeley departments that had early or mid-December deadlines, but the philosophy deadline this year was Jan 5. Has the philosophy deadline always been this late? 

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting! 

According to Wayback Machine, their deadlines in the past two years were January 3, 2014 and January 5, 2015. 

Edited by tarofang