2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

2 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I got an interview with Penn State! Has anyone been interviewed for admission to a grad program before? Or do you know anyone who has? What should I expect? How do I prepare? I'm so nervous!

http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/61898-for-current-graduate-students-interview-and-visitation-questions/

Does anyone have advice on what to expect for in person interviews? What kind of questions will I be asked, and what kinda of things usually go on during this process? I have read the visiting questions, but I'm curious what people will want to know from me.

1 hour ago, lisamadura said:

I got an interview with Penn State! Has anyone been interviewed for admission to a grad program before? Or do you know anyone who has? What should I expect? How do I prepare? I'm so nervous!

Damn, girl. You're killing it! 

11 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

Damn, girl. You're killing it! 

This is madness!! I just got an email from Fordham saying that they will be calling me tomorrow with good news regarding my application. An acceptance?! Someone must be greasing palms for me. 

8 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

This is madness!! I just got an email from Fordham saying that they will be calling me tomorrow with good news regarding my application. An acceptance?! Someone must be greasing palms for me. 

I can't imagine that anything less than an acceptance would be good news! I wonder if that means that Fordham is releasing soon. :X 

9 hours ago, lisamadura said:

Congrats!

I'm hoping I might be just a bit further down on their contact list there...

12 hours ago, lisamadura said:

Congrats! You're doing really well. Now I am in the limbo, should I presume a rejection from Fordham and Penn or just go on and hope that they might get in touch with me soon?

Edited by andaval

13 hours ago, lisamadura said:

That's amazing! Also this is super early for Fordham to be sending anything out. I suspect that, like with Stony Brook, you got nominated for an extra fellowship and are being notified early. Congrats!

Jaq, do you agree that it's super early for Fordham?

1 hour ago, andaval said:

Congrats! You're doing really well. Now I am in the limbo, should I presume a rejection from Fordham and Penn or just go on and hope that they might get in touch with me soon?

I wouldn't worry too much. Stony Brook made me an offer over a week ago and they still haven't sent out any non-fellowship acceptances or rejections (that we know of). It might be the same case for Fordham and Penn State. I will know for sure what's going on with Fordham in a few hours and update the forum after I get off the phone with them. Don't lose hope! 

2 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Stony Brook made me an offer over a week ago and they still haven't sent out any non-fellowship acceptances or rejections (that we know of). It might be the same case for Fordham and Penn State. I will know for sure what's going on with Fordham in a few hours and update the forum after I get off the phone with them. Don't lose hope! 

I second that suspicion. this is SUPER early for fordham to send anything out.

Yeah. Seems early for Fordham, usually sticking around the 20's of February or even early March. But there has been one time in the past that they released a little earlier, but not this early.

Last year, Penn State did some interviews the first week of feb and released about two weeks after. 

I have really limited data for Cincinnati. So I have so idea what'll happen with them. 

32 minutes ago, jacbarcan said:

Yeah. Seems early for Fordham, usually sticking around the 20's of February or even early March. But there has been one time in the past that they released a little earlier, but not this early.

Last year, Penn State did some interviews the first week of feb and released about two weeks after. 

I have really limited data for Cincinnati. So I have so idea what'll happen with them. 

Yeah, Penn State always sends out interview invites on the first week of Feb, and almost always on Wednesday and Thursday. 

2 hours ago, lisamadura said:

OMGWOOT! 

tumblr_nzvzw72bH81v1g6r4o1_500.gif

Hey lisamadura, i was just about to ask you about this! hm i guess you're just the first person notified? nobody else seems to have gotten notices yet. were you the one who posted to the results page about Fordham? this is crazy early for them! That's awesome though :) 

6 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I spoke with someone from Fordham this morning and there was nothing out of the ordinary in their offer. No special fellowship or anything. Perhaps they're just ahead of schedule? 

Wow, congratulations! Thanks for the info as well. 

Edited by andaval

1 minute ago, andaval said:

Wow, ongratulations! Thanks for the info as well. 

The admissions blog says Fordham sent out notices about interviews yesterday-- did anybody just lisamadura get one? what kind of interview was it? curious and also deeply sad...