2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

13 minutes ago, Siegfried42 said:

Was just checking the same; in the past it's been around Feb 25th. Some get referred to their MAPH program but they generally don't provide funding. 

12 minutes ago, MentalEngineer said:

Sometime in May, just like every other rejection. Tongue only somewhat in cheek, sadly.

What's the point of places waiting so long to release rejections? I mean, for god's sake, Chicago's whole claim to fame is to make all their acceptances at once, right? So....isn't that the same as rejecting everyone else at once? Would it kill them not to take two weeks to write a generic email and send it out via the online application? It seems so inconsiderate.

3 minutes ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

What's the point of places waiting so long to release rejections? I mean, for god's sake, Chicago's whole claim to fame is to make all their acceptances at once, right? So....isn't that the same as rejecting everyone else at once? Would it kill them not to take two weeks to write a generic email and send it out via the online application? It seems so inconsiderate.

Amen to that. Most institutions are extremely inconsiderate when it comes to notifying rejected apps.

9 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

Just landed a Skype interview with Arizona State HPS. Will be with Richard Creath and Beckett Sterner. I'm excited and nervous. Hopefully I do better than I did in my interview with Notre Dame HPS!

Wow! Good luck! :)

6 minutes ago, PorchlightPhilosopher said:

They probably don't want to send out rejections before their spots are all filled. That way, if too many of those whom they accept go elsewhere, they can still make late offers. 

Ah, makes sense I suppose. I hadn't thought of that. The idea of being accepted anywhere sounds so great, I forget that people actually turn down some offers for others!

By the way, does anyone know why the dates are so weird on the results page? It is definitely still Feb. 6 where I am, but results from Feb. 7 have already been posted? And I've noticed that this happened a couple times before. It's like nighttime rolls around on the east coast, and the results page starts showing results for the next day.

Gosh darn it.

I seem to be getting more telemarketers since turning in applications. I see an unknown number, get excited, google the zipcode, and then get super bummed. The same goes for emails; each little 'ding' of my inbox takes me through the whole range of excitement, disappointment, and then resentment at whoever sent me a non-application-related email.

Just now, Ulixes said:

Gosh darn it.

I seem to be getting more telemarketers since turning in applications. I see an unknown number, get excited, google the zipcode, and then get super bummed. The same goes for emails; each little 'ding' of my inbox takes me through the whole range of excitement, disappointment, and then resentment at whoever sent me a non-application-related email.

same! 

6 minutes ago, SamStone said:

same! 

8 minutes ago, Ulixes said:

Gosh darn it.

Okay....Same...... 

1 hour ago, jorou said:

Just noticed a signature that had a UM Ann Arbor rejection... can't find the person now. Has Michigan contacted anyone?

️I don't believe UM Philosophy has, but the classics department has people who specialize in ancient philosophy, so it could have been that. 

16 hours ago, Ulixes said:

Gosh darn it.

What, don't you want to get an MBA from Pratt? Or start your career in Nursing or Communications? 

9 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Stanford sent me an email the other day... about their distance education programs. God damn it Stanford! 

Stanford was bad--for some reason I was getting tons of emails like that from them last year. Like they signed me up for their spam once they decided on who their acceptances were. 

25 minutes ago, philosophe said:

There's a UC Davis accept! A new week begins. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Crud. Nothing here... one of my top-ish choices...

9 hours ago, jacbarcan said:

Got some information that Pitt is making final decisions this Friday. Expect acceptances to come out soon after.

This makes me so nervous...