2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

15 minutes ago, Ulixes said:

Also, Jac: thank you for putting so much effort into the admissions blog. I sincerely appreciate the predictions!

i agree. thank you! having the predictions makes the process a lot more fun...its more of a guessing game and not just the feeling of anxiety and randomness :wacko:

8 hours ago, jacbarcan said:

Berkeley is one of the ones that is very consistent. They seem to release midweek (Tuesday and Thursday) and in the past four years it has always been the first week of February. 

2012-Feb 2 Thurs; 2013-Feb 5 Tues; 2014-Feb 2 Sun; 2015-Feb 3 Tues

I rounded down the average to Tuesday because Tuesday has shown up more than once. (Who knows if this is a legitimate reason to round down an average. I figure that maybe (really sketchy justification) they come to some decisions the week before and they run those by one last time after the weekend on a Monday, decide how to release, or they need some sort of "okay" from financial offices or what have you.)

Since it has been a tradition from both Ian and Sid in the past to consider days of the week, I have as well. 

In any case, I'm very confident we will hear from them this week. 

(Just so everyone knows, some of the predictions are based off of 1 data point; so, you can expect some to be quite off.)

Feel free to let me know if, when some deadlines are approaching, you would like me to tell you how confident I am about the predictions. 

It's almost as if they have a department meeting the first monday of february to settle things. That would explain it!

1 hour ago, psm1580b said:

Waitlisted at Indiana HPS. I guess they don't admit unless they can fund or something. I was excited to see an email from my POI. Last year I was rejected from 15 schools, so this feels amazing.

Hi, your signature shows a red Notre Dame. When did you hear from them?

8 minutes ago, Hadeel said:

Hi, your signature shows a red Notre Dame. When did you hear from them?

Presumed rejection, I should have made that clear. I figured since their invitations went out, if I was going to be offered--I would have been invited. After applying last year, I know many schools will only release acceptances/waitlists initially, and will wait months before notifying rejected applicants. 

3 minutes ago, psm1580b said:

Presumed rejection, I should have made that clear. I figured since their invitations went out, if I was going to be offered--I would have been invited. After applying last year, I know many schools will only release acceptances/waitlists initially, and will wait months before notifying rejected applicants. 

Wait, are you sure someone has heard from them? I haven't seen it anywhere and it's not on here. They would have upgraded the blog if someone had heard from them. https://philosophyadmissions.wordpress.com/predictions/ 

1 minute ago, Hadeel said:

Wait, are you sure someone has heard from them? I haven't seen it anywhere and it's not on here. They would have upgraded the blog if someone had heard from them. https://philosophyadmissions.wordpress.com/predictions/ 

People have been invited for interviews on campus. You can see them posted in the results 

3 minutes ago, Hadeel said:

What they said^ but I should add that I was referring to ND HPS. I don't know exactly what program you applied to at ND.

1 minute ago, thatsjustsemantics said:

That's for the HPS program, I think; isn't there a distinction between that specialty track and the standard program?

Yeah. I just assumed they were referring to HPS because it was in response to him being waitlisted at a different HPS program. If they weren't, my bad.

Just now, bravesball said:

Yeah. I just assumed they were referring to HPS because it was in response to him being waitlisted at a different HPS program. If they weren't, my bad.

Oh okay sorry, so it's going to be a different date for the simple PhD Program. My bad!

1 minute ago, Swann said:

anyone else been on edge all day waiting about berkeley?! 

(also, way to go to those accepted/waitlisted at duke and indiana today!)

yeah.  is there any chance they did notify but no one posted it to the results page?