2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

15 minutes ago, what_is_the_mind said:

Haven't heard anything back, applied to 12. On edge.

I'm assuming if I haven't heard a peep from Berkeley or Chicago, then it is an implied rejection?

I'm in the same boat and would also like to know about Berkeley and Chicago. Applied to 15 and haven't heard a single thing from anyone--on edge would be an understatement.

4 minutes ago, AmandaEvans said:

I'm in the same boat and would also like to know about Berkeley and Chicago. Applied to 15 and haven't heard a single thing from anyone--on edge would be an understatement.

I FEEL YOU. On the bright note, I got two emails saying my paper was selected to present at two undergraduate conferences in the next two months! Helps with my deflated self-esteem and fragmented sanity...

Good luck to you!

44 minutes ago, what_is_the_mind said:

Haven't heard anything back, applied to 12. On edge.

I'm assuming if I haven't heard a peep from Berkeley or Chicago, then it is an implied rejection?

As a fellow unconacted UChicago applicant, I regret to say that yes, we're likely rejected if we haven't heard by now. Chicago doesn't waitlist, so there's no real second chance there. Berkeley might be a different story, though... You might still have a shot for the waitlist.

Accepted to Virginia! Five year funding package (fellowship + TAing)! Will likely accept (top choice), but not until I hear back from 12 others (or 10, if you discount Duke and Chicago as presumed rejects). I promise not to keep any waitlisted too long if they end up on waitlist.

On another note: HOLY SHIT! I'M ONLY A 21 YEAR OLD UNDERGRAD! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! I'm genuinely surprised. I thought I'd get shut out.

1 minute ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

Accepted to Virginia! Five year funding package (fellowship + TAing)! Will likely accept (top choice), but not until I hear back from 12 others (or 10, if you discount Duke and Chicago as presumed rejects). I promise not to keep any waitlisted too long if they end up on waitlist.

On another note: HOLY SHIT! I'M ONLY A 21 YEAR OLD UNDERGRAD! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! I'm genuinely surprised. I thought I'd get shut out.

WOW! congratulations!

2 minutes ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

Ditto, definitely congrats :)

47 minutes ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

Congrats!!! I'm an undergrad from lib arts college myself, so this gives me some hope :P

47 minutes ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

Way to go!

tumblr_nzvzw72bH81v1g6r4o1_500.gif

W/r/t your comment about toning down your responses in the future, don't you dare. Stay pumped! Every acceptance you get is an affirmation of your qualifications. Knowing that multiple schools see your skill and want you to study with them goes a long way, even if you have every intention of accepting Virginia's offer. 

Just now, lisamadura said:

Way to go!

W/r/t your comment about toning down your responses in the future, don't you dare. Stay pumped! Every acceptance you get is an affirmation of your qualifications. Knowing that multiple schools see your skill and want you to study with them goes a long way, even if you have every intention of accepting Virginia's offer. 

You'd think it would get old but I'm still cracking up. :D 

3 minutes ago, brekekexkoax said:

does somebody want to claim the boston college acceptance, which was received via mail?? 

Mail? Like, regular old snail mail? Now i'm going to be refreshing my email and staring at the mail slot in my front door like a lunatic. 

Just now, lisamadura said:

Mail? Like, regular old snail mail? Now i'm going to be refreshing my email and staring at the mail slot in my front door like a lunatic. 

I tried applying out of my MA program a few years ago and one of the schools I applied to was BC. They did send their notices by snail mail. I guess they're still doing that haha.

2 minutes ago, jjb919 said:

I tried applying out of my MA program a few years ago and one of the schools I applied to was BC. They did send their notices by snail mail. I guess they're still doing that haha.

....seriously? wtf. i can't wait for that. that's nuts! I am considering emailing the department.

2 hours ago, lisamadura said:

Way to go!

Thank you! I'm excited for more news now! Even if I don't get in anywhere else, I know I'll be going somewhere. It's the best feeling! Good luck to you, and congrats on the acceptances so far!

25 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I don't know why this happened, but I distinctly remember my first feedback at all last year being a letter. I want to say it was Duke, but I honestly cannot remember. 

51 minutes ago, brekekexkoax said:

....seriously? wtf. i can't wait for that. that's nuts! I am considering emailing the department.

I can't handle...

Edited by MVSCZAR

I checked the survey results on my phone in bed, and (1) saw that BC had accepted someone via snail mail, (2) realized it was 4pm, (3) remembered that my mail comes at 3:30 on the dot, and (4) scrambled out of bed to check the mail so fast that I upended several animals in the process. Turns out there was nothing there but credit card statements and junk mail, which is probably some kind of metaphor for my life in general.

But anyway, no, I applied to Johns Hopkins a few years back and they sent their rejection (:mellow:) via snail mail, too.

1 minute ago, bechkafish said:

I checked the survey results on my phone in bed, and (1) saw that BC had accepted someone via snail mail, (2) realized it was 4pm, (3) remembered that my mail comes at 3:30 on the dot, and (4) scrambled out of bed to check the mail so fast that I upended several animals in the process. Turns out there was nothing there but credit card statements and junk mail, which is probably some kind of metaphor for my life in general.

But anyway, no, I applied to Johns Hopkins a few years back and they sent their rejection (:mellow:) via snail mail, too.

haha i hope you're okay!