2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

Vaguely-worded update from Notre Dame to share with y'all:

"I will of course let you know immediately the status of things here once our admissions committee has reached their decisions, which shouldn't be too far from now. "

Predicting release dates feels like reading tea leaves at this point. 

1 hour ago, AgentScully said:

My phone has been off all day but I just got out of a midterm and saw an e-mail from....UCSD...waiting for their phone call = stomach in knots.

Good luck! Good vibes!

Presumed rejections from Penn and UCSD today...rough day. I am still holding out hope for UCSD.

When I last applied to UCSD a couple of years ago, they accepted around 30 students and waitlisted no one. If that's still the case, then it's possible that they just didn't get around to calling everyone today...or at least that's the hope!

Just now, AgentScully said:

Thanks, it was good news. Then, thinking things were over for the day, and I had a Penn e-mail. What a whirlwind.

Congratulations! That's fantastic!

New here.

So If one has still not received acceptance emails from universities (which have sent out acceptance emails), can one still reasonably expect to get admitted or does it make more sense to assume that one has been rejected?

one = me.

7 minutes ago, FregePhil said:

New here.

So If one has still not received acceptance emails from universities (which have sent out acceptance emails), can one still reasonably expect to get admitted or does it make more sense to assume that one has been rejected?

one = me.

From what i surmise, it depends on the school and where they are in the admissions process. If they are already sending out waitlists and/or rejections, then you can reasonably assume you are not on their list for this year. Some schools send acceptances out in waves. If some acceptances from a school you were waiting for just came out yesterday, for example, it's still possible more will come out today, or, depending on the school, even a week or two from now. 

:( i'm in the same boat waiting, just hang tight!