2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

4 minutes ago, Siegfried42 said:

Just got the admit to Urbana-Champaign, too :). Looks like they're notifying all successful applicants today.

Congrats! You have options!!

i hope to someday hear something, anything, about any of the programs i'm applying to. Stewing...

Just now, brekekexkoax said:

i hope to someday hear something, anything, about any of the programs i'm applying to. Stewing...

Thanks! I felt exactly the same way, started the cycle with two implied rejections and no contact from any program... It's extremely stressful. Have faith, I was about ready to give up hope and then got two admits in one day. Things'll turn around!

Just now, Siegfried42 said:

Thanks! I felt exactly the same way, started the cycle with two implied rejections and no contact from any program... It's extremely stressful. Have faith, I was about ready to give up hope and then got two admits in one day. Things'll turn around!

Thanks! I'm sure you're right-- at least, my programs should start notifying in the next couple of weeks so i'll know! I hope to be in that 2 acceptances boat with you though. I'll paddle us to doctorate land. 

34 minutes ago, brekekexkoax said:

Me too! 

7 minutes ago, jorou said:

Just got an email from UCSD saying I'm on the wait list. There are 12 on the list, apparently.

In better news, I have an offer from LSE (pending funding committee in March)! 

Was it a personalized email? And congrats!!!

3 hours ago, MVSCZAR said:

Send it! 

I imagine he means to say that eudaimonia and makarios are both qualities and, in that sense, aren't categorically different. 

I will when I get home! I think you're correct, I was mistaking ποιον for ποιων and was very confused. They are similar in their quality of being qualities, but they are used (sometimes) in a way that seems to be contradictory in nature. They're different (maybe) in the subcategories that exists in the category of qualities. 

1 hour ago, bechkafish said:

Amen to all of the above. Not a single peep - no emails, no letter, no calls, not a thing from a single department. I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind?

Same here, but my mind was lost a while ago.