2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

1 hour ago, AmandaEvans said:

I have it on good word (I'm buds with one of the dudes on the admissions committee at ND) that they're running a little behind this year because of some computer/tech problems. Classic philosophers not being able to tech. In any case, that's probably why they haven't called anyone yet for the general PhD program. Best of luck to you all!!!!

It's stuff like this that makes me love GradCafe. Thanks!

1 minute ago, iunoionnis said:

Anyone on here claiming the Villanova interview? They're my top choice and seeing that just filled me with dread.

I'm claiming it. Like the other person said before, hesitatingly. It's a little bittersweet. I was looking through your blog, and I absolutely see that you deserve it too.

I think it was personalized, so there's a chance that they're still sending out emails. Please don't be filled with dread. :( 

6 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

I think it was personalized, so there's a chance that they're still sending out emails. Please don't be filled with dread. :( 

Aw, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

My thesis advisor and mentor went to Villanova, so it's been what I've wanted to do since I was a Sophomore. Walter Brogan's work on Heidegger and Aristotle was also a big influence on my honors thesis. I'm really hopeful. When'd you get the email?

Edited by iunoionnis

1 minute ago, iunoionnis said:

Ah, thanks!

My thesis advisor and mentor went to Villanova, so it's been what I've wanted to do since I was a Sophomore. Walter Brogan's work on Heidegger and Aristotle was also a big influence on my honors thesis. I'm really hopeful. When'd you get the email?

About 30 mins ago. 

I hope you get in, too!

5 minutes ago, Let'sAskThePhilostopher said:

Hey I've been frequenting the philosophy forum since applications but just now I opened an account to show my appreciation as to how kind the members of this bunch are.

One of us! One of us!

If Yale doesn't send out its acceptances today I will be forced to conclude that the entire graduate admissions system is conspiring to maximize the cruel suspense I'm being made to suffer; they've never, in our extensive recorded history of approximately five data points, released any later than the equivalent of today. To set a record now would be mental assault on us applicants. Still one hundred percent in the dark.

Edited by gughok

1 hour ago, gughok said:

If Yale doesn't send out its acceptances today I will be forced to conclude that the entire graduate admissions system is conspiring to maximize the cruel suspense I'm being made to suffer; they've never, in our extensive recorded history of approximately five data points, released any later than the equivalent of today. To set a record now would be mental assault on us applicants. Still one hundred percent in the dark.

Yes this so much

Just now, stressedout said:

Wow, congrats!  This is about the only place I have a shot at anymore, so I'm crossing my fingers.

If I may ask, who called you? How much information did s/he give? Anything about funding?