2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

25 minutes ago, doxazein918 said:

Hi!  I'm one of them! (was trying to avoid looking at this website obsessively but just gave up haha).  So excited!! :)

Super congratulations! That's incredible!

1 minute ago, Siegfried42 said:

That's awesome, congrats!! Was it a personalized message or a generic one?

Thanks!!  It was informal but mostly generic--they said they're putting up official letters of admission up on their website at 5PM and this was more of a general congrats.

1 minute ago, kantbook said:

I'm also claiming one of the Cornell posts :) the email had my name but was not personalized beyond that. It said there were 250 applications for 6 spots.

Wow, congrats! 

That's certainly not very good odds. Looks like you beat them, though. :) 

I AM ALSO ONE OF THE NOTRE DAME ADMITS!!!! I have been a lil bundle of suffering and anxiety these past few weeks so I cannot even express how relieved/elated I am!!!! This is my first acceptance after 6 rejections, so I really needed this. Best of luck to the rest of you!! Also I am currently getting my undergrad from Notre Dame so if anyone wants to ask me questions about the department, feel free!! There's lots of cool cats here.

1 minute ago, AmandaEvans said:

I AM ALSO ONE OF THE NOTRE DAME ADMITS!!!! I have been a lil bundle of suffering and anxiety these past few weeks so I cannot even express how relieved/elated I am!!!! This is my first acceptance after 6 rejections, so I really needed this. Best of luck to the rest of you!! Also I am currently getting my undergrad from Notre Dame so if anyone wants to ask me questions about the department, feel free!! There's lots of cool cats here.

Congrats! I got an offer from Notre Dame as well!

4 minutes ago, AmandaEvans said:

That's awesome! Congrats!

Hi all, Just got an acceptance from Brown, just claiming it here to say it's legit (although actually, if I were a troll, it would make no difference in the level of legitimacy for me to also post here... but yea, not a troll- sorry if this is a bit incoherent: it's my first programme that I've heard back from and I'm super pumped!) It was an automatic email linking to their application where there was a generic acceptance letter uploaded. (I'm an international student if that makes any difference). Good luck to everyone!

Edited by azsx

Is anyone here on the wait list for Rice?  If so, did Gwen offer for you to visit in March?

I'm at the top of the wait list but will most likely give up my spot.  If it means she will extend the invitation to someone else on the wait list, then I will do so immediately.

3 hours ago, AmandaEvans said:

Congratulations ND admits! 

I knew I shouldn't have told them I was a Buddhist... :P

Question -- According to the results page all of the brown admits are international. Does that seem weird to anyone? (Is it possible they are releasing domestic and international results separately? Or did they really just give the majority if not all offers to international students? The latter would surprise me due to the usual funding restrictions for international students).