2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

1 hour ago, o m g said:

ACCEPTED TO MIT

Congratulations! How long did the call take? Did they give details or was it just "hey MIT wants you yeah that's right come to Boston right now"?

18 minutes ago, fiametta00 said:

hi friends, i just got notice about the villanova theology/philosophy assistantship. accepted!!!! i'm going to take some time out later to cry. but now, i have to call my mom. 

Amazing! Congratulations, future dr! 

@o m g Is Rayo a POI, or is he the DGS? (Sorry, I can't find who the DGS is from MIT's website.) Just wondering because I saw that a few years ago, POI's called accepted students. And it does seem like max 2 people from grad cafe got calls (or, they just haven't posted them yet). Just trying to keep hope for everyone waiting on MIT. 

1 minute ago, Nat_Foot said:

@o m g Is Rayo a POI, or is he the DGS? (Sorry, I can't find who the DGS is from MIT's website.) Just wondering because I saw that a few years ago, POI's called accepted students. And it does seem like max 2 people from grad cafe got calls (or, they just haven't posted them yet). Just trying to keep hope for everyone waiting on MIT. 

Please, Nat, preserve hope. A presumed rejection would really dull the satisfaction of my earlier admission.

I replied to my wait list notification at Saint Louis, and in the reply email it was mentioned that they've "admitted 5" as of now. Whether those 5 have been notified as of yet I don't know. It seems, though, that all decisions have been made.

1 hour ago, dgswaim said:

I replied to my wait list notification at Saint Louis, and in the reply email it was mentioned that they've "admitted 5" as of now. Whether those 5 have been notified as of yet I don't know. It seems, though, that all decisions have been made.

Well if they have been notified, none of them are on Grad Cafe... I wish there was somewhere I could check my status

Hiya friends with whom I've not yet spoken,

I got a call from Alex Byrne (my main POI) about 45 minutes ago. :) I'm the person who said I'd been rejected from Brown and Harvard, but I hadn't reported those to tgc. I was feeling super down about an hour ago, and that all changed really fast. I'm feeling very fortunate right now. 

Best,

Reg.

I've said this before as a personal commitment; now I will make it a request: if you get a call offering admission, I humbly ask that you find a moment to enquire of the person on the line whether acceptances are still going out. This information would, I hope, not be difficult to get, but it would be incredibly appreciated by those of us who are waiting anxiously.

Congratulations @Incregible!

Edited by gughok

48 minutes ago, oddnumber said:

Hey, claiming the last MIT offer (the one via email) - I got an email from Alex Byrne an hour ago! I think they are calling everyone, just couldn't reach me on the phone. 

Good jobbbbbb dude! Congrats! 

1 minute ago, MVSCZAR said:

Good jobbbbbb dude! Congrats! 

Thank you!! I'm so happy you've been doing well too! :) And I'm really surprised and humbled at how things have gone for me, with so many intelligent, motivated, and hard-working people applying. 

I went Fordham's online portal to formally decline their offer and I noticed that, had I decided to accept, I would be required to pay a $330 admissions deposit by April 15. Is this the case for all programs? That's a fat chunk of cash to shell out unexpectedly. If this process wasn't costly enough :(