2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

13 minutes ago, bechkafish said:

Woooo! Congratulations!!!

Did they give any explanation on where they are re: acceptances in the email?

The email said something like, "By now, I hope you've gotten the letter sent by the Graduate Dean's office with your admission to the Philosophy program." But I have not gotten any such letter, so I was a bit confused. I was trying to figure out who it was from, and thought it was another school until I saw something about the Boston Area Colloquium in Ancient Philosophy and thought, Funny, why would they want to meet in Boston? And then I was like OhhHhHHh. Yeah, I never got an admissions letter. Something must have happened to the letters since only one person seems to have gotten it. 

Basically, to answer your question, no, they didn't give any indication except that the acceptances have been sent out a while ago. But since I never got one, I can assume others haven't gotten one also. 

Edited by MVSCZAR

1 hour ago, oldhatnewtricks said:

:lol::o:lol: Congrats!!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, philoguy said:

Congrats!

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, jacbarcan said:

Congratulations!

Don't just presume a rejection now. Harvard has a history of sending out acceptances and wait lists over the course of a few days. If they are already sending out official letters, this means they have to wait until your letter is approved.

and thank you! They are indeed sending out letters - the website was just an offer of admission, with details having been posted. I'll be checking my mailbox for those pretty fervently now.

24 minutes ago, MVSCZAR said:

I got into Boston College!!! 

Congratulations! You've been having a pretty awesome week, eh?

Here to claim the Villanova acceptance.

I had an interview yesterday morning, and the email came a little bit ago. I have no clue yet whether I will accept it - I have a couple of other offers standing, and am waiting to hear from a few other contenders.

Best of luck to all other applicants!

5 hours ago, Cecinestpasunphilosophe said:

The Marriage of Figaro. I'm not generally a fan of Mozart's work, but the libretto was just hilarious. A really enjoyable show!

You are lucky to have those operas available. I only have strange contemporary-nationalist operas right now near me, and they are annoying.

20 minutes ago, swilke said:

Who got waitlisted by SLU? I haven't heard anything all day... I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I have one of the SLU wait lists. No idea if they've released acceptances or not.

3 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

I have one of the SLU wait lists. No idea if they've released acceptances or not.

Did you just get an email? I assume that they haven't rejected or accepted anybody today because there are none on the survey, just waitlists. However, that strikes me as odd.

5 minutes ago, swilke said:

Did you just get an email? I assume that they haven't rejected or accepted anybody today because there are none on the survey, just waitlists. However, that strikes me as odd.

Email at about 2:30 (central time)

I come from philosophy and applied to 9 philosophy programs, but just today received an acceptance from the 10th program: UCMerced's Cognitive and Information Sciences program, including full funding :)