2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

3 minutes ago, Disgruntledlurker said:

Congratulations! Was this a personalized emailed that maybe Jennifer Nagel is just taking some extra time on mine for, or something automated? 

Nothing too personal...

Edited by AgentScully
typo

1 hour ago, AgentScully said:

Claiming a Toronto admit! (about to post)

Awesome! Now if UBC could jump on the Canadian-Schools-Sending-Acceptances bandwagon...

12 minutes ago, Cecinestpasunphilosophe said:

Admitted to Toronto! 2/3 of my positive notifications have now been received while at the opera. Correlation totally implies causation, right?

My positive notifications have come while I'm on my way home from the gym. Needless to say it's been a healthy 2 weeks!

1 minute ago, aid said:

Anyone heard from the University of Rochester? Specifically for their Visual and Cultural Studies program? Know some people have been admitted, but the results page doesn't help gauge prospects.

wrong thread, only philosophers here :)

13 minutes ago, Cecinestpasunphilosophe said:

Admitted to Toronto! 2/3 of my positive notifications have now been received while at the opera. Correlation totally implies causation, right?

Excellent, dude! So jelly, in a good way! 

2 hours ago, MVSCZAR said:

What even is "wrong"? 

We just had this discussion in our relativism seminar on Monday. "Nobody's a moral realist about norms of fashion," quoth my adorable Swiss professor, while wearing his suspenders under his shirt again. "Sandals with socks, Stan," the class unanimously replied. "Sandals with socks."

Edited by MentalEngineer

9 minutes ago, MentalEngineer said:

We just had this discussion in our relativism seminar on Monday. "Nobody's a moral realist about norms of fashion," quoth my adorable Swiss professor, while wearing his suspenders under his shirt again. "Sandals with socks, Stan," the class unanimously replied. "Sandals with socks."

Are you trying to say there's something wrong with my Birkensocks? 

19 minutes ago, MentalEngineer said:

How do youuu know his suspenders were under his shirt? Huh huh? ;) 

But, Forreals, how does that even work?

Edited by MVSCZAR

2 hours ago, MVSCZAR said:

How do youuu know his suspenders were under his shirt? Huh huh? ;) 

But, Forreals, how does that even work?

"Metaphysics:" First (I presume) he puts on pants and suspenders. Then he puts on a shirt.

"Epistemology:" He wears white shirts and black suspenders.

"Ethics:" @SamStone, @Ulixes, back me up here.

3 minutes ago, MicroMan42 said:

6 universities that i've applied to have sending out offers and rejections. I've only heard from one. So, i'm just sitting here...

I've applied for Economics PhDs to start this fall (2016). Ohio State has sent offers a-plenty, rejections too, as has Columbia. Arizona State, Uni of Washington (Seattle) and Washington St L have sent acceptances, but not rejections. And, just to re-iterate, i've heard NOTHING.

Has anybody any idea what's going on...

You're in the Philosophy thread. Might wanna head over to the Economics one :)

8 hours ago, Cecinestpasunphilosophe said:

Congrats!! What opera were you attending? :P

11 hours ago, philosophe said:

Question -- According to the results page all of the brown admits are international. Does that seem weird to anyone? (Is it possible they are releasing domestic and international results separately? Or did they really just give the majority if not all offers to international students? The latter would surprise me due to the usual funding restrictions for international students).  

There are funding restrictions at public universities. Brown, however, has a multi-billion dollar endowment. 

Congratulations!

Don't just presume a rejection now. Harvard has a history of sending out acceptances and wait lists over the course of a few days. If they are already sending out official letters, this means they have to wait until your letter is approved.