2016 Rejection/Plan B Thread

samori

Just now, blacklake said:

Yup. Got an email rejection. ?

Ah damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm just sitting here waiting for my rejection, too.

20 hours ago, UnAltroEgitto said:

Hi everybody! I guess this is the last time I stop by to say hello. I've received an outstanding score of 9 rejections out of 9 applications (some of those weren't even sent, I had to solicit multiple times). So... well, I guess that's it, I won't come back next year, as I already dedicated my entire life and sacrificed oh-so-many things for something that didn't happen and will have very little chances to happen in the future. I'm not a young student anymore, fluent in five languages, got two B.A.s, an M.A. and a Master Degree, 330 on the GRE and 118 on the Toefl test, my gpa is a solid 4.0 for every single University I attended (and almost every single course I've taken), and I have won grants and scholarships for many bits of my work. Still not enough.

I'm not whining about stats and numbers, I know they are 'cold' and don't tell all the story, and I'm not even here looking for solace; I'm just stating the fact that I've done everything that was within and beyond the range of my capabilities. Can't go much further, no "plan B" for me. Probably I just don't fit in well, or I am not good enough, or maybe I've just been unlucky. To be honest, at this point I don't care.

I'm sending out a huge 'good luck' message to those of you going for another try next year, or whatever your plan will be. I really hope you'll succeed.

Best.

This is so sad.

Well....rejected from 4 now, accepted to none. I am probably going to fill out an FSU app (I'm quite interested in metaphysics and philosophy of action), and I've yet to hear back from some UK schools (including Oxford), but I'm not feeling good about the rest. Just wish I knew how close I was, and what I could have done differently.

Has anybody solicited rejection from Cornell? I was invited for an interview with the law school and will probably just withdraw that application, but wanted to be certain there's no purgatory/waitlist-for-waitlist deal at Cornell. 

15 hours ago, dgswaim said:

Officially rejected by UBC. Blah.

Failing to anticipate accepting us isn't the same as rejecting us! We just need a sufficiently strong defeater (like the mysterious disappearance of the rest of the applicant pool).

48 minutes ago, MentalEngineer said:

Failing to anticipate accepting us isn't the same as rejecting us! We just need a sufficiently strong defeater (like the mysterious disappearance of the rest of the applicant pool).

I feel like it's really just the polite, Canadian way of telling us to get bent.

Seriously, what's up with that Rutgers rejection? I presumed I was rejected, but I did not receive an official rejection. Does this mean there's still a chance?

13 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Can someone who got a rejection from michigan give me more information? No email yet for me and no update on the portal. 

I also haven't received an email, though I'm suspecting its gonna be a USC 2.0.

Edited by brush

12 minutes ago, brush said:

I also haven't received an email, though I'm suspecting its gonna be a USC 2.0.

new goal: get a phd simply to be on an ad comm so I can lead the way in fairness -- releasing rejections all at once and immediately after decisions have been made. 

I will call this movement Rejection Reform. 

Edited by philosophe