NSF GRFP 2009-2010

Viva

west coast people only have to stay up until 2am, but we'll probably end up pulling all-nighters anyway from laughing or crying... and then we'll probably get shaken awake by another earthquake.

so who's gonna pull an all-nighter tonight? :)

Well, considering that I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, I don't think that's a possibility for me...

But if I go to bed now, I could easily wake up in the wee hours of the morning to find out. I have to get up early anyway...have a test in the morning, and am too tired to get any more studying in tonight.

Well, considering that I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, I don't think that's a possibility for me...

But if I go to bed now, I could easily wake up in the wee hours of the morning to find out. I have to get up early anyway...have a test in the morning, and am too tired to get any more studying in tonight.

So is everyone going to share their outcome with the blog after we finally get these e-mails?????

So is everyone going to share their outcome with the blog after we finally get these e-mails?????

I plan on sharing my NSF response. I am predicting a "no" to shield myself from a surprising defeat.

west coast people only have to stay up until 2am, but we'll probably end up pulling all-nighters anyway from laughing or crying... and then we'll probably get shaken awake by another earthquake.

What time do you think it will go up for the east coasters? Is it really going to be ALLL night?

Oh nooo... I thought the site was going back up at 5am and everything would be there. How do you know thursday? I'm soo sad.

Just trying to keep it real...I know everyone is just full of frustration induced speculation about the eminent posting but in the end, who knows when they are going to actually post it. Could be in a few minutes, or hours, or days, or (gulp) worse! Hang in there!

Just trying to keep it real...I know everyone is just full of frustration induced speculation about the eminent posting but in the end, who knows when they are going to actually post it. Could be in a few minutes, or hours, or days, or (gulp) worse! Hang in there!

But speculating is so much fun:-)

But don't kid yourself...I'm compulsively checking the site for postings...and hoping against hope that the speculation is true and we will be put out of this year's misery tonight.

I just really doubt that they'll post tonight. I really wish they would, but I really doubt it. I wish I would just believe that and do something productive. I have SO much grading to do...

For all of you NSF'ed up compulsive email checkers, take a chance to look at this (stolen from Unlikelygrad's blog). It is awesome. http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Great_WhiteSnark/Nerd_Dork_Geek_Venn_Diagram.jpg

I just really doubt that they'll post tonight. I really wish they would, but I really doubt it. I wish I would just believe that and do something productive. I have SO much grading to do...

For all of you NSF'ed up compulsive email checkers, take a chance to look at this (stolen from Unlikelygrad's blog). It is awesome. http://i192.photobuc...enn_Diagram.jpg

Awesome! Spotted myself immediately! cool.gif

i guess i'll go to sleep with hopes of waking up to an exciting email in my inbox. goodnight everyone!

Edited by tiffany!

It's a bit depressing that as of this moment there are 128 users reading this topic. I've been checking my e-mail all day, which is terrible because it comes to my phone. Every time it beeped, chirped or vibrated I anxiously pulled it out to discover the long awaited e-mail from...careerbuilderdry.gif. I just want to take this moment to let career builder know that they suck. I also want to take this moment to ask God to please stop messing with me and force the NSF people to send me my congratulatory e-mail already! Goodnight everyone. I'm off to rest my fingers for more compulsive e-mail checking on the morrow.