Official Fall 2016 Interview Thread

2 hours ago, OverCaffeinated said:

yeah i know the feeling, 

NYU acceptances just came out, so Ive been sitting refreshing my email.... :( 

Me too! It seems like so many people got acceptances and I'm just waiting for mine... hopefully

3 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

quick question, are you guys sending thank you emails to the profs who interviewed you? is that a thing? or is that too much?

i was gonna, but now i cant remember the name of the second prof who was there

I haven't had any interviews but I've heard you should always send a little thank you note as a courtesy and so they remember you.

@cosmicmorgan The interview at Governors went well! They were incredibly friendly. A few scenario type questions that they posed were kind of difficult to answer. I was impressed with the grad students, faculty, and facilities. It is in a way more rural area than I expected though. 

14 minutes ago, IAmOneJame said:

@cosmicmorgan The interview at Governors went well! They were incredibly friendly. A few scenario type questions that they posed were kind of difficult to answer. I was impressed with the grad students, faculty, and facilities. It is in a way more rural area than I expected though. 

Agreed, I was not prepared for the location. It seems like it would be a nice change, though, after having lived in the built-up northeast my whole life. I really enjoyed my time there but of course the questions I came prepared to answer were not really asked. Overall got a good vibe though. I'm hoping they don't make us wait more than a week or two to hear back. Good luck! 

Edited by cosmicmorgan

4 hours ago, CMyesAnd said:

I have an interview at Old Dominion on 3/12, at Salus on 3/15. Had a phone interview with Chapman on 3/1.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm on the waitlist at ODU and Salus said they haven't reviewed my app yet but their class is nearly full. I want to go there so badly! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Good luck on your interviews!

Yeah sure!

BA in Psych 2009-  GPA 3.4; COMD Post-Bac at Utah State- GPA 4.0   GRE- 151Quant, 159Verbal, 4.5 Writing

I am an older student-- worked for the past 6 years before deciding to go back for SLP. My most recent job was working in Vocational Rehab with stroke and TBI patients. I think that's the main reason I've gotten a couple interviews. When it comes down to it, all of the applicants have great scores and GPAs! This field is so so competitive! Good luck to everyone! 

On February 18, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Tish22 said:

I have had 1 interview so far. My friend told me to expect random questions like "whats your favorite tv show?" or "what do you do when your stressed" but I had speech based questions asking my experience, passion, etc. They also asked me to think about a time i observed a session and to explain - diagnosis, goals, what the clinician did, what i thought, ect.

My advice to you is to be confident in all of your answers, and to be yourself. Best of luck!

Hi! I noticed that you interviewed at LIU Post. Do you happen to know how many people they interview? I forgot to ask during my interview..

Just now, SLP2Bhopefully said:

Hi! I noticed that you interviewed at LIU Post. Do you happen to know how many people they interview? I forgot to ask during my interview..

I dont! I wish I did though, I'm anxiously awaiting their acceptances 

Just now, Tish22 said:

I dont! I wish I did though, I'm anxiously awaiting their acceptances 

Ah ok thanks! Same! March 18th seems so far away :(  and I was told since it's a Friday they may not even notify until the following week... UGH!

So after talking to classmates about interviews, I'd love to get some peoples opinions on sending "thank you" emails to professors/chairs that have interviewed you? What does everyone think?/What have they done?

1 minute ago, Tish22 said:

So after talking to classmates about interviews, I'd love to get some peoples opinions on sending "thank you" emails to professors/chairs that have interviewed you? What does everyone think?/What have they done?

i emailed all the profs who interviewed with me with a thank you for seeing me, wonderful to meet you, loved the tour, etc

8 hours ago, Tish22 said:

I emailed the professor that interviewed me and the department chair thanking them for the opportunity and saying how I felt the program was a good fit/liked the campus.  Something short and sweet. Been told by other classmates that they did the same. I think it's polite and keeps your name fresh in their mind!

1 hour ago, orange23 said:

Does anyone know when we'll hear back from Emerson? Or if northeastern finished their last wave of acceptances yet? Thanks!

Someone earlier in the thread posted that they asked and were told decisions would come in a week or so!

1 hour ago, cosmicmorgan said:

I emailed the professor that interviewed me and the department chair thanking them for the opportunity and saying how I felt the program was a good fit/liked the campus.  Something short and sweet. Been told by other classmates that they did the same. I think it's polite and keeps your name fresh in their mind!

I had my interview last Monday. Do you think it's too late to send them an email like you did?

27 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

I had my interview last Monday. Do you think it's too late to send them an email like you did?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I suppose better late than never? I think if you keep it short and appreciative you'll be fine. I doubt anyone would think "oh, two weeks later? Horrible! Rejected!" lol

On 2/18/2016 at 7:38 PM, mcamp said:

Hi Everyone, 

I've just received an email invitation to a phone interview at The University of New Mexico (UNM). I'm really excited because this sounds like a fantastic program and this will be a great way for them to get to know me and me them. 

Anywho - I was wondering if anyone knows anything about their interviews, how they run, what they tend to ask about, etc. 

Thanks!

If you get accepted to UNM, you should definitely come here. I am a first year and love it so so much! The bilingual program is also amazing!!