UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO MPP FALL 2016 APPLICANTS

Du

Hello,

Any other applicant(s) to the U of T MPP programme for fall 2016. I'm an international applicant, my status now shows 'under review'. Anyone know when they start making offers? I also applied to Carleton's MPPA and UBC's MPPGA. 

yep i applied to the MPP

My last year GPA is a 3.88 but my cumulative is about a 3.35

anyone else mind sharing just so we have a clue, this will help future applicants as well when this shows up in google results or something like that

im not sure how much weight they put into the recent years vs. total so we will see

interesting OP i didnt know that international students applied to the MPP, its very hard to secure employment in the canadian public sector if you are not a citizen, but maybe that is not your goal.

8 hours ago, Clo said:

yep i applied to the MPP

anyone else mind sharing just so we have a clue, this will help future applicants as well when this shows up in google results or something like that

im not sure how much weight they put into the recent years vs. total so we will see

interesting OP i didnt know that international students applied to the MPP, its very hard to secure employment in the canadian public sector if you are not a citizen, but maybe that is not your goal.

Yea, there are international students in the MPP programme but i think the available space for us is very limited. I intend to work with my country's government but maybe get some international work experience first, private sector probably. Although i have a masters degree in International Relations:oil and gas security (result wasnt good). The MPP for me is more of an add-on, it could also help me secure job outside the public sector, thats if I decide to stay back in canada. First things first though, admission offer first.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Albert Stevens said:

Hello there guys

Good luck with your application and acceptance...

Any details on the program, what is the cut off GRE?

Thanks

Hi,

citizens dont need to take the GRE test, only international applicants. And no cut off is stated.

Goodluck.

Hi, also an MPP applicant here. I'm international so had to send in my GRE. 164V 159Q 5AW. Let's see what happens! (which one is the anxiety emoticon?)

On February 15, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Clo said:

yep i applied to the MPP

@Clo My career goal for example is NGOs/think-tanks/consulting in Canada. With the Canadian govt jobs you are right, I would have zero eligibility. 

Edited by Reen