Portland State University MSW

BrendonSW

Nothing here yet either... I received something from PSU's financial aid office saying my application is being processed and I would get award letter in April, but I think they send those out regardless of whether you have been admitted into the program or not. I'm not sure... But I'm really anxious and hoping to hear back soon! 

1 hour ago, Gramir32 said:

Nothing here yet either... I received something from PSU's financial aid office saying my application is being processed and I would get award letter in April, but I think they send those out regardless of whether you have been admitted into the program or not. I'm not sure... But I'm really anxious and hoping to hear back soon! 

I didn't receive anything like that. The only email I've gotten was one about two weeks saying the decisions were made and turned over to the graduate school. It said I would be hearing back by mid February (I applied for the early deadline).

1 hour ago, BrendonSW said:

I didn't receive anything like that. The only email I've gotten was one about two weeks saying the decisions were made and turned over to the graduate school. It said I would be hearing back by mid February (I applied for the early deadline).

Yeah, I received the same email a few weeks & was hoping to hear back by this week, but we'll see. 

Did you complete a FAFSA & list PSU on there? If you haven't filled out a FAFSA then that's probably why you didn't get the email I got today. 

Aaah! Okay I literally got an email three minutes ago from PSU housing congratulating me for my admission, and providing some housing information! But I haven't received the email from the office of admissions, I'm so confused! But I'm guessing this most likely means I was admitted! Fingers crossed! I'll post as soon as I receive the official email!

Aaah! Okay I literally got an email three minutes ago from PSU housing congratulating me for my admission, and providing some housing information! But I haven't received the email from the office of admissions, I'm so confused! But I'm guessing this most likely means I was admitted! Fingers crossed! I'll post as soon as I receive the official email!

Congrats, if so! I completed my FAFSA 2-3 weeks ago. Any day now. 

Good luck everyone! I'm starting to get pretty nervous at this point. I only applied to PSU's online MSW option since I have a job in the field and want to keep working while I attend the first two years. I keep telling myself that I'll be fine whatever happens but knowing that I probably won't hear anything until April is making me a little crazy. I'm so glad I found this community :)

I received my acceptance email a few hours ago & accepting it, as PSU is the only school I applied to. Beyond excited! Good luck to you guys! 

So excited for you! That's awesome. By any chance, is there anywhere I can check my application status? I AM DYING TO KNOW, good or bad. 

37 minutes ago, BrendonSW said:

So excited for you! That's awesome. By any chance, is there anywhere I can check my application status? I AM DYING TO KNOW, good or bad. 

Thanks! The email had the link to the applyweb.com site where we submitted our applications. The status still shows "submitted" but under is an attachment that opens up the decision letter... Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.ef2a34dc1d326135933ac80f

7 minutes ago, Gramir32 said:

Thanks! The email had the link to the applyweb.com site where we submitted our applications. The status still shows "submitted" but under is an attachment that opens up the decision letter... Hope this helps.

image.thumb.png.ef2a34dc1d326135933ac80f

Ah, makes sense! Thanks for sharing!

43 minutes ago, Mommy2boox2 said:

I got that weird housing email this afternoon around 4:50pm PST. Will have to go look for that attachment! *Update: no attachment on mine.

I got that housing email yesterday at 5:15pm and the acceptance email today at 4pm. Maybe you'll get the acceptance tomorrow.

i called the admissions office this morning to inquire as to why I had received the housing email and they told me it was some glitch and the emails sometimes were sent out of order. She told me to check my email at 4pm because that's when my email was set to go out (she didn't tell me if I was accepted or not), and she was right, at 4pm I received the email! :D

So.. they said I'd be receiving my decision today. I didn't receive an email from housing beforehand, so I think I know what this means. Oh well. At least I've been accepted to 2 other schools. Best of luck everyone! 

As of 10:51am today.... ACCEPTED! :) I haven't confirmed yet, waiting to hear from the other school. 

*A note: the acceptance letter doesn't specify which version on the program you were accepted to. I called and they confirmed it was the online version as I intended. They said an additional letter with clarifying information would be arriving soon.

21 minutes ago, kmarks1 said:

I'm assuming they're rolling out notifications based on which registration deadline you met? At least I hope so.. :wacko:

I think you're right. They've been sending out letters this week for people who met the December 1 deadline. Rejected or accepted, I'm dying to know. 

7 minutes ago, BrendonSW said:

I think you're right. They've been sending out letters this week for people who met the December 1 deadline. Rejected or accepted, I'm dying to know. 

Me too!! I think I've checked my email and the website every minute for the past half hour!