HKS 2016

HKS hopeful

7 minutes ago, murray said:

On the wait list. Does anyone have any idea how likely it is to make it in from there? 

I don't think it is very likely. I'm waitlisted too, but also have an offer from SIPA with 100% tuition scholarship so the choice is easy for me :)

Congratulations to all who got accepted!

19 minutes ago, marco_p said:

I don't think it is very likely. I'm waitlisted too, but also have an offer from SIPA with 100% tuition scholarship so the choice is easy for me :)

Congratulations to all who got accepted!

Waitlisted here as well, but it just seems like too much of a gamble to wait it out when I'm perfectly happy with SIPA (plus there are admissions decisions yet to come). Congrats to those accepted! 

Edited by 6speed!

Just now, 6speed! said:

Waitlisted here as well and it just seems like too much of a gamble to wait it out when I would be perfectly happy with SIPA. 

To be honest I feel like being waitlisted is the best option for me. It's good for my ego as it says that they can live with the idea of me studying there (at least that's how I understand it) and on the other hand it also spares me the temptation of trying to go to HKS, as there is absolutely no way they would give me as generous offer as SIPA :)

1 minute ago, marco_p said:

To be honest I feel like being waitlisted is the best option for me. It's good for my ego as it says that they can live with the idea of me studying there (at least that's how I understand it) and on the other hand it also spares me the temptation of trying to go to HKS, as there is absolutely no way they would give me as generous offer as SIPA :)

SIPA didn't give me as good of funding as yours ($12K each) but it's still making me seriously consider it!

Congratulations to all of you have been admitted! You're in for quite a journey for the next two years, so get some sleep now while you can!

For those of you who received rejection notifications, please stay encouraged in your pursuit of a top-notch policy degree. I've seen a LOT of people reapply to HKS and gain admission once they worked on key areas of weakness in their profile. Use this forum and other trustworthy resources to get feedback on your actual application in its entirety (not just your profile stats) so that you are equipped with the information you need to reapply next season or in a few years.

For those of you on the waitlist, I do not envy you! That status can be very frustrating. But there is hope!

21 minutes ago, Kaneisha said:

Congratulations to all of you have been admitted! You're in for quite a journey for the next two years, so get some sleep now while you can!

For those of you who received rejection notifications, please stay encouraged in your pursuit of a top-notch policy degree. I've seen a LOT of people reapply to HKS and gain admission once they worked on key areas of weakness in their profile. Use this forum and other trustworthy resources to get feedback on your actual application in its entirety (not just your profile stats) so that you are equipped with the information you need to reapply next season or in a few years.

For those of you on the waitlist, I do not envy you! That status can be very frustrating. But there is hope!

Kaneisha - your website helped me immensely in preparing application materials and refining my essays. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!

28 minutes ago, Kaneisha said:

Kaneisha! I didnt have money to purchase your services but the little on your blog helped so much! Thank you! If anyone wants to give it another shot next year go with Kaneisha! She gives the best advice!

8 minutes ago, 9870Sergio said:

HKS hopeful I really hope you make it!!! I know you really want this, so best of luck :)

Thank you!  Cheers! I just have to wait much longer. However, I resume normal life from today! If I'm in, great! If not, will have big decisions to make, including, should I reapply. Not thrilled about going through this process again.