Contacting Admissions

Nat_Foot

WUSTL: No information. The secretary seemed to be in the dark. She said that she would assume "soon," but that doesn't really say much. It does seem though that no offers have gone out yet, if that's helpful to know. 

Stony Brook: All acceptances have been sent out. If you haven't gotten one, assume you're on the WL or rejected. 

And yes, @Abendstern and @she-evelyn

1. Indiana (called 2/15 a few times, no response; will try again 2/16)
  2. Berkeley (2/16)
  3. USC (2/16)
  4. Brown (called 2/15 a few times, no response; will try again 2/16)
  5. Princeton 
  6. Yale 
  7. Riverside (2/16)
  8. Wisconsin-Madison 
  9. WUSTL 
  10. U Chicago Committee on Social Thought
  11. Stony Brook University
  12. Arizona
  13. Boston College
Edited by Nat_Foot

1 hour ago, Nat_Foot said:
  2. Berkeley (2/16)
  3. USC (2/16)
  5. Princeton 
  6. Yale 
  7. Riverside (2/16)
  8. Wisconsin-Madison 
  9. WUSTL 
  10. U Chicago Committee on Social Thought
  12. Arizona
  13. Boston College

Quick clarification -- Yale is crossed out but it doesn't look like you've called yet... is it crossed out because you're not planning on contacting them for another week?

Is there any way we could figure out what's going on at Duke? I think I was probably rejected, but it's been over two weeks since acceptances came out. I figured a rejection letter would come sooner than that. Was I waitlisted? Are they just super slow at rejecting? 

33 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Quick clarification -- Yale is crossed out but it doesn't look like you've called yet... is it crossed out because you're not planning on contacting them for another week?

Yes, why is Yale crossed out?

1 hour ago, philosophe said:

That's correct. I crossed it out because I'm not longer including it on the list of places to call. I don't see any reason to at the moment. I'll call if we don't hear a word from them a few days after the predicted date, or we're uncertain whether claims are legitimate. Right now, I have no reason to believe that the alleged acceptance is legitimate. 

Apologies for not making that clear earlier! 

Edited by Nat_Foot

2. Berkeley (2/16) 
  3. USC (2/16)
    EDIT: The acceptance has been claimed. I'll call 2/19 if we don't hear anything from them over the next few days, but I suspect we will. 
  5. Princeton 
  6. Yale 
  7. Riverside (2/16)
  8. Wisconsin-Madison 
  9. WUSTL 
  10. U Chicago Committee on Social Thought (2/16)
  12. Arizona (2/16)
  13. Boston College (2/16)
  14. Duke (2/16)
  15. Harvard (pending claim...)
Edited by Nat_Foot

57 minutes ago, oddnumber said:

Hi, claiming the Brown offer. I am assuming I got notified early because of the university-wide fellowship, and that other offers will go out this week (though I don't know for sure). It looks like they haven't made any other offers so far, so I would definitely not be worried about not having heard back yet. Good luck to everyone who applied there! :) 

Hi @Nat_Foot, it looks like someone finally claimed the Brown admission (quote above), and since we haven't heard anything else from the department, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they haven't sent out regular acceptances yet. With this in mind, I don't know that I would rush inordinately to get in touch with them... It will have to be any day now.

1 minute ago, bechkafish said:

Hi @Nat_Foot, it looks like someone finally claimed the Brown admission (quote above), and since we haven't heard anything else from the department, I think it's pretty safe to assume that they haven't sent out regular acceptances yet. With this in mind, I don't know that I would rush inordinately to get in touch with them... It will have to be any day now.

I agree with you on that. We'll give it to the end of the week. I'll edit accordingly, thanks! 

Edited by Nat_Foot

I'd like to hear from Virginia. It seems (though I could be missing something) that they've only admitted those nominated for fellowships, and then waitlisted a good handful. But I'm wondering if they've already sent out acceptances to those who have not been nominated for fellowships. If anyone has any information regarding this, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Or, of course, @Nat_Foot could contact them, which I would not object to at all.

38 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

I'd like to hear from Virginia. It seems (though I could be missing something) that they've only admitted those nominated for fellowships, and then waitlisted a good handful. But I'm wondering if they've already sent out acceptances to those who have not been nominated for fellowships. If anyone has any information regarding this, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Or, of course, @Nat_Foot could contact them, which I would not object to at all.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, so I apologize, but I was accepted to UVA with the standard funding package -- no special fellowship. Perhaps they haven't made all their offers yet, though!

Just now, oldhatnewtricks said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, so I apologize, but I was accepted to UVA with the standard funding package -- no special fellowship. Perhaps they haven't made all their offers yet, though!

Useful news, nonetheless! In that case, @Nat_Foot, I would appreciate if you could contact them to see what the situation is. Does anyone else have some information regarding Virginia? Anyone think they have reason to believe they are done?

1 minute ago, Dialectica said:

Useful news, nonetheless! In that case, @Nat_Foot, I would appreciate if you could contact them to see what the situation is. Does anyone else have some information regarding Virginia? Anyone think they have reason to believe they are done?

Usually if they move on to WLs and its been a few days it means they're done. Sorry bud :/ 

1 minute ago, jacbarcan said:

We are more than willing to set up some PO boxes if you want to send us gifts and money ;)

Well, Nat's beer offer clearly extends to you, too. But mailing beer is complicated, from what I gather - so I guess that just means you'll have to come to Toronto! ;)

19 hours ago, Nat_Foot said:

WUSTL: No information. The secretary seemed to be in the dark. She said that she would assume "soon," but that doesn't really say much. It does seem though that no offers have gone out yet, if that's helpful to know. 

Stony Brook: All acceptances have been sent out. If you haven't gotten one, assume you're on the WL or rejected. 

And yes, @Abendstern and @she-evelyn

wait what did stony brook say? where are all the other acceptances? damn.

16 hours ago, Nat_Foot said:
  2. Berkeley (2/16) 
  3. USC (2/16)
    EDIT: The acceptance has been claimed. I'll call 2/19 if we don't hear anything from them over the next few days, but I suspect we will. 
  5. Princeton 
  6. Yale 
  7. Riverside (2/16)
  8. Wisconsin-Madison 
  9. WUSTL 
  10. U Chicago Committee on Social Thought (2/16)
  12. Arizona (2/16)
  13. Boston College (2/16)
  14. Duke (2/16)
  15. Harvard (pending claim...)

sorry i wasn't up to date on this-- the dates are the dates you called them or are planning on calling, right? i'm particularly personally invested in BC...

16 hours ago, Dialectica said:

I just received my rejection email at 1:57am from UVa.