If you don't hear back?

I would imagine unless the school is doing "rolling" interviews that it would be safe to assume that you will unfortunately not be offered admissions.  I do not know for certain but I think most schools that interview use that interview to select their cohort.  Good luck with your other applications!

23 minutes ago, CBG321 said:

I would imagine unless the school is doing "rolling" interviews that it would be safe to assume that you will unfortunately not be offered admissions.  I do not know for certain but I think most schools that interview use that interview to select their cohort.  Good luck with your other applications!

really annoying that they can't just tell me i'm rejected!

I applied to Emerson last year, and I received my rejection quite a while after people heard about their interviews/acceptances. That actually happened with the majority of my schools; I applied to all of my schools in December, and I didn't hear from the majority of them until late March/April... and they were all rejections. It was really the most anxiety-ridden and annoying time of my entire life. I really do wish you the best of luck, and you have a better few months than I did!

36 minutes ago, j_rae said:

I applied to Emerson last year, and I received my rejection quite a while after people heard about their interviews/acceptances. That actually happened with the majority of my schools; I applied to all of my schools in December, and I didn't hear from the majority of them until late March/April... and they were all rejections. It was really the most anxiety-ridden and annoying time of my entire life. I really do wish you the best of luck, and you have a better few months than I did!

do you mind me asking for your stats?

2 minutes ago, orangegreenblue said:

do you mind me asking for your stats?

3.35 overall/3.7ish slp GPA. 151V/149Q/3.5AW. Not exactly the strongest stats, but I went through a bit of a rough patch during my sophomore and junior years that I explained in my essay.

6 hours ago, orangegreenblue said:

really annoying that they can't just tell me i'm rejected!

4 hours ago, lindzzz said:

It IS annoying. The rejections seem to take forever to come out.. Very stressful :(

I know, first it's the anxiety of waiting for a decision and then getting a rejection is a whole different misery itself. It's. not. fair.

10 hours ago, MrsH said:

@j_raekinda in a similar stat boat as you and so far rejections. May I ask where you got in? Thank you! 

I didn't get in anywhere last year - I was rejected from all 7 schools in late March/early-mid April. I'm currently a second round applicant and haven't heard anything yet, so it's a little scary!

1 hour ago, j_rae said:

I didn't get in anywhere last year - I was rejected from all 7 schools in late March/early-mid April. I'm currently a second round applicant and haven't heard anything yet, so it's a little scary!

j-rae, it is definitely scary! I interviewed an SLP named Tresyri (pronounced treasure) for my blog and she applied in 3 different cycles to get in. But she got in! I found her story very encouraging. So much of success (in anything) depends on persistence. As the saying goes, "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a know and hold on!" 

I'll echo what has been said above about Emerson. This is my second time applying. Last year, I didn't hear back from them when everyone was getting their interview invitations. I was eventually put on the wait list then later rejected off the wait list in July or August. I can only speak for one program though, so I hope you get some good news soon!

7 hours ago, intotheairwaves said:

I'll echo what has been said above about Emerson. This is my second time applying. Last year, I didn't hear back from them when everyone was getting their interview invitations. I was eventually put on the wait list then later rejected off the wait list in July or August. I can only speak for one program though, so I hope you get some good news soon!

@intotheairwaves so you didn't get a request for an interview but were still waitlisted? I thought if you didn't get an interview you were straight out rejected...

19 hours ago, MrsH said:

@intotheairwavesthanks for the insight about Emerson! Good luck!

@mrsH Thank you! You too!

12 hours ago, speechie94 said:

@intotheairwaves so you didn't get a request for an interview but were still waitlisted? I thought if you didn't get an interview you were straight out rejected...

@speechie94 Well, eventually that was the end result so it would have saved me some time waiting by the phone if they had done that straight away ;) But yeah, it was confusing to me too because I didn't see anyone post a similar story to mine. Maybe putting me on the wait list was a fluke or maybe I was on the cusp of getting an interview so I was added the list behind those who had interviewed just to pad the wait list? My guess is as good as yours, wish I had better insight for ya!

So frustrating! Has anyone else not heard back from Boston university? I know they are having interviews this weekend so I'm assuming if we haven't heard back it's a rejection..just wish they'd tell us!

11 hours ago, CTE123 said:

So frustrating! Has anyone else not heard back from Boston university? I know they are having interviews this weekend so I'm assuming if we haven't heard back it's a rejection..just wish they'd tell us!

You should have heard back from BU already. They notified me of my interview over a week ago. They said they would let you know either way by the 18th so if you haven't heard I would call but assume you probably didn't get it :(

What happens if you don't get in? If you don't mind me asking, what did you guys do with the year off? I'm nervous about not getting in and I'm curious what my options are.