ECE Master of Applied Sciences @ UBC anyone ?

Thomas_medici

2 hours ago, Thomas_medici said:

How is your profile jChuang ?

Hi, I am not typical ...  I have worked for more then 10 years and try to go back to school to learn new things.

Don't know if this program wants people like me. Have you heard anything from UBC?

8 hours ago, jChuang said:

Hi, I am not typical ...  I have worked for more then 10 years and try to go back to school to learn new things.

Don't know if this program wants people like me. Have you heard anything from UBC?

I was talking to UBC ECE program sec, all applications have been processed and are waiting for faculty review. Decisions expected by end of March.

Edited by lovedeep

42 minutes ago, lovedeep said:

I was talking to UBC ECE program sec, all applications have been processed and are waiting for faculty review. Decisions expected by end of March.

Good to know their schedule. I will start worrying about the result after 20th ... haha

Thank you for providing me such a great information ~:-)

On 3/10/2016 at 8:51 PM, jChuang said:

Good to know their schedule. I will start worrying about the result after 20th ... haha

Thank you for providing me such a great information ~:-)

BTW, did your application status for UBC MASc. changed from " SUbmitted" to something else.?? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2016 at 0:47 PM, Thomas_medici said:

Nah..Nothing new..Thats why I asked..Some universities have a "Under Review" status ..May be UBC doesn't have.

Have you heard from UBC yet? It is THE END OF MARCH now ... my status remains the same. 

17 hours ago, jChuang said:

Have you heard from UBC yet? It is THE END OF MARCH now ... my status remains the same. 

Same here !! No notification.I was so freaked out during the last few days. Now march too has ended.. Haven't seen any results yet. 

8 minutes ago, Thomas_medici said:

Same here !! No notification.I was so freaked out during the last few days. Now march too has ended.. Haven't seen any results yet. 

Fingers crossed ...

Its April, I still haven't received any updates from either of the campuses. 

Has anyone gotten any feedback from the professors? I have emailed a couple of them, but I still haven't gotten one reply. I must be doing something wrong. :/

On 4/7/2016 at 0:20 PM, jenny123 said:

Its April, I still haven't received any updates from either of the campuses. 

Has anyone gotten any feedback from the professors? I have emailed a couple of them, but I still haven't gotten one reply. I must be doing something wrong. :/

I emailed them . I have applied to the Vancouver campus. They said  they have received a huge volume of applicants and said that all applications are "under evaluation". Decisions by end of April.   .... Fingers crossed !

I want to ask  those who have applied for the MASc program at UBC- Is contact with the Professor absolute need to be admitted ??? I mean, they have asked about the POIs in the application itself right ? then why the need to make contact with them ? 

Just now, Thomas_medici said:

Any news yet ?? I had some rejects this week from some US universities...SO need a really good news this April now !!!

No news ... And according to this post, we may wait until mid-May @.@

I think my hope is fading since there are some offers already given and yet  too many competitors for the remained position.

University Of British Columbia (UBC) ( ECE ) Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F16) Other via Other on 13 Apr 2016 I 13 Apr 2016
  • To the poster below, I have contacted the UBC several times. first time I contacted them in late February and they told me that the result will be out in the end of March. Second time I contacted them a week ago, and they told me that they have received 900 application for Master degree in ECE department and the result will be out in mid- May. And I have applied for Analog Integrated Circuit Design Track....What's your track?

On 4/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, jChuang said:

I think my hope is fading since there are some offers already given and yet  too many competitors for the remained position.

University Of British Columbia (UBC) ( ECE ) Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F16) Other via Other on 13 Apr 2016 I 13 Apr 2016
  • To the poster below, I have contacted the UBC several times. first time I contacted them in late February and they told me that the result will be out in the end of March. Second time I contacted them a week ago, and they told me that they have received 900 application for Master degree in ECE department and the result will be out in mid- May. And I have applied for Analog Integrated Circuit Design Track....What's your track?

Oh...waiting till mid-may sounds very bad....:-(

When I contacted they said April End.

UBC's portal status will always going to say "Submitted" or "In process"... I e-mailed my admission coordinator asking for my status on the waitlist, and a couple days later she responded me saying that I've been offered a spot. The status still says "in process" in my account even though they sent me an offer of admission. I don't think it will change until all the paperwork is done (including sending in your other official transcripts) and that they send you a final official admittance letter. Note that I applied for a totally different program at UBC though.

Edited by missleung

On 4/15/2016 at 9:21 AM, jChuang said:

Any news from Vancouver's program ? Its so late...