Practice Interview Questions

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a blog post on SLP Grad School interviews. I know it won't be super useful for us in this cycle, but I'm hoping it'll be helpful for future #SLP2B's. 

SO, I'm hoping that you all might like to help out and share any interview questions you've had thrown at you (or heard of being used) or any you think would be good to include in a practice list. If you'd prefer, you can always private message me too. 

Here are some questions I've been asked and others I think might be useful...

• Tell us about yourself.
  • Why are you interested in SLP?
  • How do you think you'll handle the challenge/stress of a graduate program?
  • Do you have any special skills / certifications / experiences?
  • What do you think makes an effective SLP?
  • Tell us about any clinical experiences you have had.
  • Are you interested in any particular populations? 

Thanks for the help, and best of luck to everyone waiting on applications. 

Oddly enough the only question that threw me was "how likely are you to choose our program if we offer you admission?" I think it was challenging because I am very uncertain about what program I want to attend. I also think it's important to have a good list of questions to ask them. I asked a couple of interview style questions "what is your favorite thing about working in this program?" It was fun to turn the table on them and it can give good insight into their job satisfaction and program. ;-)