Anyone have any information in general about waitlists? Do people actually get off of them or should we just take it as a gentle rejection? Any stories of people getting off waitlists? 

I've heard of people being accepted off the waitlist before!  I don't think GWU ranks their waitlisted students, but some other schools do.  Not sure if UMD does.  If you are definitely interested in a school you've been waitlisted for, I would reach out to express a continued interest in the program!

11 hours ago, SLPgradstudent said:

I've heard of people being accepted off the waitlist before!  I don't think GWU ranks their waitlisted students, but some other schools do.  Not sure if UMD does.  If you are definitely interested in a school you've been waitlisted for, I would reach out to express a continued interest in the program!

Yes already did that! :) I actually got a position doing research this summer at UMD so they know I am very INTERESTED! I was in contact with them but they assured me I wouldn't know anything until April 15th and later. Is that the date they gave you to accept your offer? :)

18 minutes ago, Rorororosy said:

Yes already did that! :) I actually got a position doing research this summer at UMD so they know I am very INTERESTED! I was in contact with them but they assured me I wouldn't know anything until April 15th and later. Is that the date they gave you to accept your offer? :)

I just went back to check, and I didn't see any specific date listed on my admission letter or portal, but April 15 is generally the agreed upon deadline for students to either accept or decline their offers.  I accepted my offer as soon as I got it, so it didn't really matter to me.  I'm sure they said somewhere that we needed to reply by 4/15 though.  Best of luck getting in off the waitlist!

5 hours ago, SLPgradstudent said:

I just went back to check, and I didn't see any specific date listed on my admission letter or portal, but April 15 is generally the agreed upon deadline for students to either accept or decline their offers.  I accepted my offer as soon as I got it, so it didn't really matter to me.  I'm sure they said somewhere that we needed to reply by 4/15 though.  Best of luck getting in off the waitlist!

Thanks!!! :) I am hoping also!