1BB

Question

So I had this school in mind for a couple years until finally applying for this Fall. After doing my research on the school and their programs I was very impressed and they were always available when I had questions. I applied for the Masters for Fall 2016 and was accepted faster than I expected. So now I'm digging a bit deeper into the school's rep and I am finding things that raise great concern. It's disheartening to learn the school you were considering has a bad reputation. Just wondering if anyone else has any feedback in regards to the school (LA campus). Also, is APA accreditation something important to check for for I/O programs? I was told it is only necessary for the clinical programs. Thanks for your responses!

Edited by 1BB

2 answers to this question

APA accreditation does not matter for I/O; there's actually no I/O accreditation or certification that you need.

I am very wary of the school (and I disagree that all you should do is talk to people that went there).

They seem very for-profit and I always see them boothing/advertising at conferences, which I think is quite questionable. If a school needs to spend that much on advertising and does not seem to have adequate funding for phd programs, it seems like its a cash cow and not a reputable university.

But maybe my impression is wrong. You definitely want to see where people work afterwards, maybe look up people who went to this school on LinkedIn.