No Response?

pugsrock

I've already accepted another offer, so I guess it doesn't completely matter, but I can't get over spending all the money on application materials and then a large fee only to not hear anything back, not even a rejection! I emailed and left a message (a week apart, both super polite) and just never got a response. Since it is practically April 15th I'm assuming they'll just ignore me or I'll get a rejection at some random time. But seriously? Has this happened to anyone else?

Why would you assume you'd hear back before April 15th?

That's the deadline that accepted candidates have to accept/reject offers, which means schools then have to re-offer to other candidates if the students they were most interested in reject their offers. 

It's very early in the season to assume you should have gotten a rejection notification- some schools don't send out the last batch until summer.

4 hours ago, Eigen said:

Why would you assume you'd hear back before April 15th?

That's the deadline that accepted candidates have to accept/reject offers, which means schools then have to re-offer to other candidates if the students they were most interested in reject their offers. 

It's very early in the season to assume you should have gotten a rejection notification- some schools don't send out the last batch until summer.

They said to expect a response by the end of March, and between that and not getting a response I guess I just assumed. Wouldn't I get a waitlist notice if I wasn't in the first batch but still up for consideration? 

It just seems awkward to pay all this money and then not hear anything for six months (it was an early due date) even when politely asked. 

The exact thing happened to me. I even received an email following an interview telling me that I have been selected as a potential candidate, and asking me to inform them if I accept other programs. That was in late January. I haven't heard back from the program yet !!! I had to call the office a couple of days ago to know that I'm on the waitlist.

I had to email a program to even find out that they never got my transcripts even though I sent it to the right address. My school doesn't send them electronically so I tried to resend them through post. Just got an email friday saying they don't have it still.......I already accepted another offer so it was a moot point really. I've just come to accept things like that as a "sign" that it wasn't the right program. They were/are super nice though! Just wish I knew where those transcripts were ending up.

Is there any trouble associated with accepting an offer from a university and declining it later, since you have still not heard from your first choice universities? The university has given a deadline to accept within 15 march.

Edited by freebirdie

On 4/11/2016 at 5:43 AM, freebirdie said:

Is there any trouble associated with accepting an offer from a university and declining it later, since you have still not heard from your first choice universities? The university has given a deadline to accept within 15 march.

You may find useful information by this site http://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution