I'm currently an undergrad student (JUNIOR) and starting my process of applying to schools in New York and have a few questions: 

1. I'm taking my GRE in June for the first time and can someone tell me how the score sending works -  
      - When I receive the scores, will there be a set time of when I'm able to send the results by (like, do the scores disappear/expire after some time?) 
      - Is it possible to send scores to school like how sending scores for SATs work - meaning, sending the best scores for each section if I take the GRE more than once? 

2. I currently have a 3.55 cum.GPA and 3.68 GPA for the major so far with two major classes remaining. 
3. I don't have any work experience - just volunteering to help take care of children/ undergraduate clinical observations. 
4. I'm thinking about applying to CUNY Hunter but you need to have at least a B in all pre-req. classes and I only have one B- in one class- did anyone have this problem and still get in?
       - Can you tell me any of your experiences, whether accepted/rejected from schools in relation with your GPA, GRE, and resume/CV? 

I'm planning to apply to Queens College, Hofstra, Adelphi, LIU Post, St.Johns, Molloy and still deciding on other NY schools. 

Any suggestions, experiences, advice would be extremely helpful for this girl who is getting ready to swim in a pool of her tears. THANKS SO MUCH! 

Edited by ehye20

5 hours ago, ehye20 said:

I'm currently an undergrad student (JUNIOR) and starting my process of applying to schools in New York and have a few questions: 

1. I'm taking my GRE in June for the first time and can someone tell me how the score sending works -  
      - When I receive the scores, will there be a set time of when I'm able to send the results by (like, do the scores disappear/expire after some time?) 
      - Is it possible to send scores to school like how sending scores for SATs work - meaning, sending the best scores for each section if I take the GRE more than once? 

2. I currently have a 3.55 cum.GPA and 3.68 GPA for the major so far with two major classes remaining. 
3. I don't have any work experience - just volunteering to help take care of children/ undergraduate clinical observations. 
4. I'm thinking about applying to CUNY Hunter but you need to have at least a B in all pre-req. classes and I only have one B- in one class- did anyone have this problem and still get in?
       - Can you tell me any of your experiences, whether accepted/rejected from schools in relation with your GPA, GRE, and resume/CV? 

I'm planning to apply to Queens College, Hofstra, Adelphi, LIU Post, St.Johns, Molloy and still deciding on other NY schools. 

Any suggestions, experiences, advice would be extremely helpful for this girl who is getting ready to swim in a pool of her tears. THANKS SO MUCH! 

For your first question, I believe you have access to the GRE scores for five years (or at least this is when many programs make you retake it as they have a five year limit). That said, if you save your scores as a pdf I believe some programs will accept them even later.  (But I'm guessing you are not needing them to be available that long anyway).

Unfortunately you cannot pick and choose your "best scores," as it's all or none for all three sections.

As far as your third question, I worry that you may not have anything specific that makes you stand out from the crowd, which is particularly important when you have worries about grades or GRE scores.  Try to find something that will help you accomplish this that can be also be used as related experience in your SOP (and perhaps lead to a stellar letter of rec).  (Speaking of which, do you have professors who you think are willing to write your letters?  That is also very important). 

Some ideas include research, experience in a foreign country this summer as a volunteer, becoming a literacy coach (lots of public libraries coordinate this for adults, and you can find programs for kids as well), volunteering/working in a hospital helping with newborn hearing screenings, and the list goes on.  I personally would try to pick at least two new "experiences" to boost your application.  And if you can only pick one, pick one that is very uncommon amongst your peers.  It will definitely help you to get noticed!