JJ/WBGS Joint Japan World GS Program Applications 2016

GoodLuck!

@rrahman1210 if you read their published annual report of 2008 you will find that awards are not distributed equally among countries or universities so it is possible that no one gets it in a country while 5 gets it in another . 

I understand were u are coming from but that could mean certain number form Africa for example they may take 2 from sudan and non from Uganda and they both still from Africa and it will follow the geographical distribution

It is supposed that 90 % of finalists should be awarded the scholarship if they were able to provide the letter of acceptance on time. I do not know how the selection process is going on? This is making much more frustration to all applicants. It is impossible that No one of us as finalists not being awarded the scholarship and if so, the WB should change and clear the selection process more clearly and precisely and should change the selection section in the guidelines as the request of the letter of acceptance is the frst stage of selection. It means that If you R able to declare the letter of acceptance ( unconditional or conditional only on securing funding) you pass the first stage of selection and going to the next stage whisch is declaring the identification certificate and so on..... It is acknowledged that Finalists are those applicants who are nominated to be awarded the scholarship....

yes. we r frustrated because we waited so long and getting nothing at the end. funny part is that 2 applicants from bangladesh failed to submit offer letter. so they r automatically rejected. and rest 5 submitted unconditional offer letter, some with even half scholarship and we r also rejected now. how funny!

I'm right here Rrahman. I'm speechless. Haven't heard back from the world bank. Yet. ?

Got tired of waiting and took up a position with the central bank in my country. Started 1st July. 

I remain hopeful though (Lol).

i called yesterday. a lady talked. she said the same old thing. i asked whether they have finished informing all the successful applicants or they are still sending emails. she just said to look at the website as they will post an announcement after completing informing all successful applicants and that will by mid july. 

Dear Folks

my apologies if this is going to affect your hopes. JJWB has announced the results today and successful applicants are being informed. I'm not sure if they are done with informing all or not. Best of luck