History 2010

Sparky

Rockchalk, I'm sorry to hear about OSU...It's a terrible year to apply and I don't think it is in anyway reflective of your abilities as an historian.

If you wouldn't mind, how did you receive your notification? Did you e-mail the grad secretary, or did they e-mail you? I haven't received my rejection yet, but I'm expecting it any time now....

Rockchalk, I'm sorry to hear about OSU...It's a terrible year to apply and I don't think it is in anyway reflective of your abilities as an historian.

If you wouldn't mind, how did you receive your notification? Did you e-mail the grad secretary, or did they e-mail you? I haven't received my rejection yet, but I'm expecting it any time now....

Emailed the grad coordinator. You could do the same. It seems that they think they sent out their notifications, and either no one has told them that they didn't go through, or something like that. It's strange.

Right now, I'm just holding out that people that got into Brandeis also got into other schools, and they'll go to those other schools. Not much else I can do, asides from go on a bender.

Maybe after thesis writing.

Emailed the grad coordinator. You could do the same. It seems that they think they sent out their notifications, and either no one has told them that they didn't go through, or something like that. It's strange.

Yes, I noticed that as well. The graduate coordinator told me that I should have been received notification of my acceptance and I stated I had not received anything from them. There seems to have been some breakdown in the process.

Edited by Kai210

Yes, I noticed that as well. The graduate coordinator told me that I should have been received notification of my acceptance and I stated I had not received anything from them. There seems to have been so breakdown in the process.

I dont think the faculty and the administrative staff are on the same page. Maybe next week...

Right now, I'm just holding out that people that got into Brandeis also got into other schools, and they'll go to those other schools. Not much else I can do, asides from go on a bender.

Maybe after thesis writing.

For what it's worth, I was admitted to Brandeis and I'm still waiting to hear from my dream school. If I get in I'll take the offer, so that would free up a spot for you.

Contra any previous word, Harvard is indeed sending out official rejections now; I got mine today.

What part of the country are you in? I'm assuming New England, based on the schools you applied to.

Yes, I live about 10 miles from Harvard. My letter is dated Feb. 26.

Ugh. I'd much rather get an email rejection than wait for a mailbox full of bad news on Monday.

Out of curiosity, have you heard from UNH? I wonder how their funding situation is this year.

I got my Harvard rejection today, too... funny, I got a form letter from Harvard (not a peep from my PAs, who seemed really enthusiastic in the fall)... and I got into Columbia with full funding. Admissions really is such a crapshoot.

I got my Harvard rejection today, too... funny, I got a form letter from Harvard (not a peep from my PAs, who seemed really enthusiastic in the fall)... and I got into Columbia with full funding. Admissions really is such a crapshoot.

Lol, it totally is! Professors will even admit it too! A good friend of mine got into Oxford, but then rejected by her no-name safety school. You just have no way to tell!

I figure getting into grad school is practically like winning the lottery; winning it twice (or even once) is already unbelievable. Winning it four, five, six times? That's just statistically improbable!

Just found out I got accepted to UF, but am on the wait-list for funding..Anybody out there planning on rejecting their funded offer from them? I, too, would gladly send beers!!! I will up the ante and send a case if you make my year!

Thanks!

For those still waiting on Michigan, as expected, I got my rejection email just now.

I might conceivably get THREE rejections today! Good thing I already knew Michigan was done with admits, so it wasn't all that sad. I'm sick of reading the words, though.

For those still waiting on Michigan, as expected, I got my rejection email just now.

I might conceivably get THREE rejections today! Good thing I already knew Michigan was done with admits, so it wasn't all that sad. I'm sick of reading the words, though.

I also got a rejection from Michigan. No big surprise there, and not remotely upset. I have been accepted at Ohio State, and the program is a better fit. And my top choice is still outstanding so I am good with the decision.

I also got a rejection from Michigan. No big surprise there, and not remotely upset. I have been accepted at Ohio State, and the program is a better fit. And my top choice is still outstanding so I am good with the decision.

Wait, you applied to both Michigan and Ohio State? Doesn't that violate some sort of universal law?

I'm surprised a gravitational singularity hasn't opened beneath your feet.