History 2010

Sparky

I just check the website and found out that I got in to Texas A&M. Does anyone know what kind of funding packages they give for PhD students?

I have no idea, but - congratulations! That's really awesome!

Thanks!

Admission wise I've done pretty good this season, but now I'm waiting to hear about funding from the PhD programs (my only funding offer so far is from an MA program). I'm stressing because I don't want to end up with no funding...

NYU is making me angry. They're the last school I've yet to hear from and I have to make a decision real soon. I called today and they said they're still reviewing apps (based by field) and that I will hear back from them next week at the latest. I feel like I'm pressed for time because my only admit has increased their offer, so they're kinda pushing me to give them an answer. I hope I don't come off as a pompous ass, but is anyone else in this position?

NYU is making me angry. They're the last school I've yet to hear from and I have to make a decision real soon. I called today and they said they're still reviewing apps (based by field) and that I will hear back from them next week at the latest. I feel like I'm pressed for time because my only admit has increased their offer, so they're kinda pushing me to give them an answer. I hope I don't come off as a pompous ass, but is anyone else in this position?

That's weird they would tell you that, because it seems they've already made their decisions. But I agree that they are being super shady this year.

Also, just for more info, I don't know what field you're in, but I'm in medieval and was notified a couple weeks ago that I'm waitlisted, and I know of two modern European people who have gotten in.

Edited by heu mihi

Wow, how did you get your only admit to increase their offer??

Wow, how did you get your only admit to increase their offer??

I didn't, they just did it. It's kinda funny because they've treated me like I'm an important person. They gave me reimbursements to visit them and everything else, and it just feels kind of weird to be in this position where people genuinely care about you've studied and want to study. I usually feel half embarrassed explaining to people (outside of the education/history sphere) what I like to study and why. But I feel very grateful to be in this position right now. Don't give up guys, there's still hope.

This week brought with it a rejection at UC-Davis for a PhD and an acceptance at the University of Vermont for a MA (no word on funding yet).

Still waiting on my last school, Boston College (PhD), which has not made contact with me at all during this process.

I wish I were as lucky as the rest of the people who heard from NYU today, even though, sadly, they were all rejections. I've emailed them twice in 2 days asking for my status and absolutely nothing. I mean, seriously, a little bit of tact wouldn't hurt them. After all, we've paid them, if the DGS is right, as she claimed that there were over 500 applicants, $45,000+ in application fees only for history. This has irked me so much that I would think twice about attending if I got accepted. Anyway, congratulations to those who got in!

I wish I were as lucky as the rest of the people who heard from NYU today, even though, sadly, they were all rejections. I've emailed them twice in 2 days asking for my status and absolutely nothing. I mean, seriously, a little bit of tact wouldn't hurt them. After all, we've paid them, if the DGS is right, as she claimed that there were over 500 applicants, $45,000+ in application fees only for history. This has irked me so much that I would think twice about attending if I got accepted. Anyway, congratulations to those who got in!

Right with you, tourist. If I wind up at IU with you in the fall, we can cheer each other up through stressful times by reminding how much life would suck more at NYU... :rolleyes: