Profile Evaluation - MS in Mechanical Engineering

Suraj Pawar

Hi, 

I wanted to get opinions on my chances of an MS admit for Fall 2017. I am interested in working after MS, and am interested in Mechatronics/Automation/Robotics domains. 

Undergraduate University - Top 10 in India (BITS Pilani), M.E(Hons) Mechanical Engineering

Undergraduate GPA (not converted) - 8.1/10

Undergraduate Projects - Study of the oil economy of Middle East, Solid Modelling using MATLAB

Industrial Projects (undergrad) - 3D modelling of a marine gearbox (ProEngineer, 1 month), Study of valve rotation in diesel engines (2 months), Design of Durability test automated Fixture (6 months, CATIA)

Work Experience - 3 years in a Test & Measurement MNC (Fortune 500 list) as Application Engineer (2 yrs) and Technical Consultant (1 yr). Mainly specializing in embedded products for Motion control, Vision processing, Real-Time and FPGA using LabVIEW.

GRE Scores - Q 167, V 157, AWA 4

TOEFL Score - Yet to be given.

I was looking at the following universities - GaTech, UMich, Ohio State Uni, Texas A&M Uni. Other suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Suraj Pawar

• 3 weeks later...
On 19.06.2016 at 9:19 PM, Suraj Pawar said:

Small correction - Undergraduate degree is B.E(Hons) Mechanical Engineering

If you want to pursue only master(not fast track phd) you have higher chance to get admitted but do not expect any fellowship not because of your scores but nearly all fellowship is given to phd students.but after you have get admitted on your own(self-funded or any scholarship full-bright etc) you can get any grant or assistantship on second term.i know many people who got admitted to master on their own but got assistantship second term.

• 3 months later...