Classics 2010

spozik

Congrats to everyone! Happy to hear the acceptances are starting to arrive.

Has anyone heard ANYTHING from UMich or Yale???? Any info would be much appreciated!

I have a friend who has received her interview invitation to UMich, but no one else I know who applied has heard from them...

I was admitted to the MA at Georgia last year, and they also told me that funding hadn't been decided yet. I waited several more weeks, emailed them again, and got a short reply saying that funding would be decided very soon (that week if I recall correctly). So I waited a few more weeks (it was April by now), emailed them again, and they just ignored me. I sent them another email on April 15th saying that I would not be attending because they would not disclose funding information for good or ill (also not responded to), and to this day I still receive emails from UGA as if I were a current grad student. I was left with a real distaste for Classics at UGA. I hope they are more forthright with you regarding funding information than they were with me.

Congrats! How many other programs are you waiting on now?

9 programs officially, though a few them (penn, princeton, chicago, virginia, yale) seem to have made some offers already.

Congrats to the new admits I saw on the results page today!

I was admitted to the MA at Georgia last year, and they also told me that funding hadn't been decided yet. I waited several more weeks, emailed them again, and got a short reply saying that funding would be decided very soon (that week if I recall correctly). So I waited a few more weeks (it was April by now), emailed them again, and they just ignored me. I sent them another email on April 15th saying that I would not be attending because they would not disclose funding information for good or ill (also not responded to), and to this day I still receive emails from UGA as if I were a current grad student. I was left with a real distaste for Classics at UGA. I hope they are more forthright with you regarding funding information than they were with me.

From what I heard (granted, this is complete rumor), the delay last year was due to the department not knowing when/how much funding they would get from the Graduate School itself. I hope it's sorted out this year, and I thank you for your help! Good luck!

I saw it too - I wonder why people aren't posting in the forum when they receive a decision.

Yeah. I'm sure you all will know when I get rejected from my last 2 schools. I guess I should update and say I was rejected from Cal's AHMA program earlier in the month. However, I heard from the director of their admissions that they accepted 3 people out of 67, so...

From my skilled forum stalking, it looks like Sidereal was perhaps our new potential Longhorn?