MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:35 AM, yuv.sees said:

Hello all,

I'm an international student with a non-art(read legal) background and in pursuance of taking up art seriously, I shall be applying to various when applications open again in 2018.

I wish to pursue an MFA in Photography.

My preferences lean towards documentary photography, landscapes and capturing cultures and people’s ways of life.
Whereas I don't have any formal training, I have learned photography on film and then moved on to digital.

I'm wondering which colleges in USA would be a good fit for the above leanings.

Inputs please!

I shall be extraordinarily grateful for any insights by the members of this forum

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Consider a BFA first... or journalism 

• 2 months later...

Anyone here applied to SVA MFA illustration? I really like the courses they offer, but there is ridiculously little information I can get from the internet, and all the reviews about this school are not as nice as I expect-- since they have a relatively expensive tuition I expected more.

SVA was my first choice but now I'm not sure. Then I considered Syracuse, but little information as well... Do I cold mail to the students that's in these schools?

I'm mainly looking for illustration programs near NY but Fine Art programs that includes drawing and painting are good as well if I end up with no illustration programs to choose. Usually I include Psychological concepts in my drawings, and do not want to only draw in traditional way, so traditional school are off limits. I got a bachelor degree in Visual Art, and I'd like to be more professional in whatever I'm working on.

On 2017年8月31日 at 1:14 PM, DitDot said:

Anyone here applied to SVA MFA illustration? I really like the courses they offer, but there is ridiculously little information I can get from the internet, and all the reviews about this school are not as nice as I expect-- since they have a relatively expensive tuition I expected more.

SVA was my first choice but now I'm not sure. Then I considered Syracuse, but little information as well... Do I cold mail to the students that's in these schools?

I'm mainly looking for illustration programs near NY but Fine Art programs that includes drawing and painting are good as well if I end up with no illustration programs to choose. Usually I include Psychological concepts in my drawings, and do not want to only draw in traditional way, so traditional school are off limits. I got a bachelor degree in Visual Art, and I'd like to be more professional in whatever I'm working on.

Hello DitDot, have you considered SAIC?

12 hours ago, leafyinhaling said:

Hello DitDot, have you considered SAIC?

Hello, yes I'm considering SAIC as well! Do you have insights about this school? I'm pretty much reaching out for every bit of information I can get.

• 5 months later...