Business PhD Discussion

acup313

Hey folks, thanks for the kind words, but I'm really old for this game...not the "old" that some thirty year olds say. My youngest is finishing up law school, I am over 50 -- well, you get it. This process has sucked up my hopes and dreams for 7 months, time I won't get back -- and I just can't afford to pile my efforts into something with such a low probability of any positive return. But...I have two published books, speak nationally, command awesome fees to consult and facilitate...I won't be sitting in some hovel turning gray. In fact, I might just see some of you along the way. Best of luck.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best to whatever you do, waytooold! smile.gif

Yes, it has been a long and tough ride, and I hope that you will stick it out a little longer. I haven't heard from any of my final four, and I seriously think that I've missed my chance too. I might not be as old as you, but I am nearly there. Was hoping that this would be the year that I get to chart a new direction in my career, but it seems like I'll have to find another way too.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out, waytooold. You've been a great contributor around here and I've enjoyed reading your posts. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next!

Good luck to you too ootg, I hope something comes through.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out, waytooold. You've been a great contributor around here and I've enjoyed reading your posts. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next!

Good luck to you too ootg, I hope something comes through.

Thanks, chimerical! smile.gif