Business PhD Discussion

acup313

I've heard nothing. No one else has either, from these programs, so I'm trying not to go a little nuts. I find it frustrating when programs put up a notice that "everyone will receive notification by X date as to whether their file is complete," the date breezes by and...nothing. I've e-mailed to confirm my file is complete with no response. This was a January 1 deadline school, so I certainly hope they are reviewing by now.

I applied to OB programs at 3 B-schools and only heard from one that the committee was meeting. Nothing from the others. The silence is killing me.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So bummed. Just found out UCSD has a marketing PhD that began last year. I would have definitely applied there if I had known. I wonder how inaccurate the AMA's list is now. That's where I got my list to begin researching programs.

Well, hey... if I end up getting rejected everywhere, i can add that school to next year's list I suppose.

But here's to hoping that doesn't happen!

That's a good point. Thanks. Makes me feel slightly less bad, but I think I still would've risked the new program at UCSD over an acceptance from UC Irvine, where I applied instead.

But since UC Berkeley and Stanford are destined to accept me it won't matter anyways right? biggrin.gif

Hi everybody,

Anyone heard anything from "University Of Missouri-Columbia" or "university of Connecticut" marketing program (Phd)? I asked them about admission status but I heard nothing important!!!

I didn't apply to Missouri, but I did just hear back from UConn, but it was just last night and they may not be done notifying. They offered an on campus interview paid for by them. I haven't heard a word from any schools on the West Coast though. And I don't think I can blame it on the time difference. Damn.

STM, don't worry about Stanford and Berkeley yet. I am sure Stanford hasn't notified anyone yet (though they should be making a final decision within about a week!). And Berkeley notified a little later last year, at least for OB. So, there's nothing to worry about yet.

Edited by socialpsych

Whoever got accepted to USC - first of all, congratulations! Secondly, did you have an interview first? And was it CB or quant?

I got accepted into USC for operations management. They told me a while back that they had nominated me for the provost fellowship (there was no interview) and that I would be in for sure, either way. As it turns out, I didn't get the fellowship (but two Marshall applicants did), however they told me they would try to match the fellowship's stipend through other means. I'm visiting tomorrow.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what "CB or quant" means.

Edited by Queues

Just got a phone call from a professor at a school that had asked me for a follow up paper. I don't think he liked me. He was nice and helpful, but also offered his advice on the application process and told me if I had any questions, even about other schools, to feel free to reach out. But if he was going to accept me, wouldn't he have been trying to convince me of his program?

So sad. Want to cry.

Just got a phone call from a professor at a school that had asked me for a follow up paper. I don't think he liked me. He was nice and helpful, but also offered his advice on the application process and told me if I had any questions, even about other schools, to feel free to reach out. But if he was going to accept me, wouldn't he have been trying to convince me of his program?

So sad. Want to cry.

I don't think so! just be aware that professors are extremely busy these days and also they are professional...maybe they would not say everything on interviews. just dont loos your faith.

<br />Don't fret! Professors do not waste their time with applicants they are not interested in. He was probably just trying to be helpful. I've found that many professors are willing to openly discuss how their programs compare to others.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You were right Chimerical! Thanks for the positive words. I ended up getting their acceptance offer last night. I am beyond thrilled! It feels so good to know I'm going somewhere next year. And while I still have many schools to hear back from, I know I'd be happy at this program.

Now I need to withdraw from the programs I definitely would not take over this one...

Yay for other Stanford people!! Exciting! :D

Congrats on an acceptance. Still waiting for just a crumb of contact here. Most of my programs are March 15 notifications, it appears. Hopefully, that means POI's will start reaching out in the next week or so. Or not.

March 15th? Oh man you have my sympathies. I don't think site helps any. tongue.gif

Edited by chimerical

The only reply I got was from Yale, telling me i'm on the short list and giving me an assigment to see if i have what it takes. Still waiting to hear from Duke and U of Chicago

How did you get into UVa? They weren't accepting applications for this year's cycle...

<br />The only reply I got was from Yale, telling me i'm on the short list and giving me an assigment to see if i have what it takes. Still waiting to hear from Duke and U of Chicago<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have you heard from Yale? I was also on the short list and contacted the other day. I'd love to meet the other possible students.

chimerical, how did your interview with Wharton go? (I've been seeing your posts on TM). Do you know if they interviewed everyone on the shortlist, and from there they'll accept a certain percentage?