School Psychology Fall 2017

Schoolpsych17

I had my Ferkauf interview 2/16. They said they do admission on a rolling basis and we will hear by 3/2 after all interviews are complete. 

I haven't heard anything one way or the other. I'm dying to hear back!!! Not sure if they are doing things differently since the first interview date became the last one.  

Hi Everyone!

I have a 2 hour group interview at Fairfield University next week for their MA program! So excited to have been invited for an interview there! Do you think business casual attire is appropriate or should I wear a suit? Struggling with what to wear! 

Thanks so much- this thread has been so helpful!

Hey guys, 

I have a bizarre question to ask you that no one can seem to answer: 

What would happen if someone is given admission into a doctoral program during their senior year of college, however they do not graduate during that semester (air-go they do not receive their bachelors degree)? Also is there is a possibility that someone in my position may defer for a year from the program to complete my bachelors degree and then return to said program after my bachelors degree has been received? 

I really think that is a program specific question. I read on a programs site that deferring was not possible but I don't recall it being explicitly stated on others.

If you are referring to clinical doctoral program, most are tracked programs and you wouldn't be able to just jump in second semester, you would probably need to start from Y1 S1. Is it possible you could complete your bachelors degree over the spring / summer term and go straight into school in the fall? 

@lockman86 i have no idea i haven't heard back from TC at all in regards to interview invites or rejections... seems a bit odd that there is zero communication. For a second i forgot i even applied!

9 hours ago, lockman86 said:

I know... I have received an interview from TC for next weds, but I am not in the states. I have asked them for arrangement, then it's dead silence 

They should have scheduled you a skype interview then. You should also probably called them to ask for an arrangement to explain your situation.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, oppositeofdiffident said:

They should have scheduled you a skype interview then. You should also probably called them to ask for an arrangement to explain your situation.

Yes, they finally reply! 

I'm really going back and forth between the School Psychology PhD program at UW Madison and the one at UW Milwaukee. I feel like both advisors are a good match in terms of both research and personalities. I've also received roughly equivalent funding packages from both programs. I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on this decision in terms of differences in reputation, curriculum, etc? Thanks!  

:)

2 hours ago, schoolpsych91 said:

I'm really going back and forth between the School Psychology PhD program at UW Madison and the one at UW Milwaukee. I feel like both advisors are a good match in terms of both research and personalities. I've also received roughly equivalent funding packages from both programs. I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on this decision in terms of differences in reputation, curriculum, etc? Thanks!  

Have you checked the cost of living for both places? Your financial package may stretch a bit further in one location than the other. 

6 hours ago, schoolpsych91 said:

When I applied last year funding was quite bad for both because of state-wide budget cut. Madison is still a bigger name and I've heard bad things about Milwaukee and was advised against applying to it because of lack of organization and faculty members.