Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

13 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

OSU, which is doing interviews and I didn't get one

To my knowledge, not all professors at OSU do interviews. It is apparently only a hand full that interview prospective students.

Two days in a row I have received a call from an unknown number, only to be told that the caller dialed the wrong number. Maybe the result board trolls have my number....either way, the suspense is killing me!

Hang in there everyone. 

58 minutes ago, Kenga said:

To my knowledge, not all professors at OSU do interviews. It is apparently only a hand full that interview prospective students.

I have heard the same thing.  An undergrad professor I am friends with told me that one of my POIs would not interview.  So I am holding out hope.  Mostly because I know my other 5 schools will not respond for at least 2 more weeks. 

4 minutes ago, cellec said:

I haven't from UNC- I assume that means I'm out of the running? 

No. I'm guessing from previous threads and the results page that UNC typically gives one acceptance out very early (to a very good applicant that they nominate for a fellowship) then everyone else comes later. 

47 minutes ago, resDQ said:

No. I'm guessing from previous threads and the results page that UNC typically gives one acceptance out very early (to a very good applicant that they nominate for a fellowship) then everyone else comes later. 

Thanks for that! I was worried too.

2 hours ago, waterloo715 said:

Two days in a row I have received a call from an unknown number, only to be told that the caller dialed the wrong number. Maybe the result board trolls have my number....either way, the suspense is killing me!

Hang in there everyone. 

Dude. I'm on that, too... My car is in the shop, and I keep getting unknown number calls from them, insurance, etc. Hope you haven't been troll-ified....:lol:

To all those worried about UNC, don't freak out! They haven't released all of their decisions yet. POI at UNC told me that they notify early their top candidates who are being nominated for additional university fellowships. You're not out of the running!

also, it's possible that maybe my subfield professors just decided to contact immediately instead of waiting for the official packages to go out. 

1 hour ago, StrengthandHonor said:

To all those worried about UNC, don't freak out! They haven't released all of their decisions yet. POI at UNC told me that they notify early their top candidates who are being nominated for additional university fellowships. You're not out of the running!

also, it's possible that maybe my subfield professors just decided to contact immediately instead of waiting for the official packages to go out. 

Thanks for the information! It appears all my Schrödinger Applications are still alive, then.

I think I'm going to go crazy waiting for OSU results. (Not expecting anything until at least Friday, but that doesn't mean I can't be optimistic for sooner.)

42 minutes ago, changeisgood said:

If anyone else applied to Texas A&M, I just got an email from the dept. saying their adcom was now meeting (and my app is in the stack, yay!).  Just FYI.

I applied there, but didn't get any email.

13 hours ago, tkid86 said:

I think I'm going to go crazy waiting for OSU results. (Not expecting anything until at least Friday, but that doesn't mean I can't be optimistic for sooner.)

Why do you think Friday?  I am also waiting on those OSU results.

12 hours ago, VMcJ said:

I applied there, but didn't get any email.

Same.

@changeisgood, @VMcJ: Did you participate in TAMU's recruitment event at the beginning of December?

EDIT: I just checked my emails and I remembered I got an email weeks ago that my file was complete and would be reviewed "soon." Idk if that is what you got @changeisgood but I would not read too much into something like that.

Edited by Kenga
Clarification/Extra Info

27 minutes ago, Kenga said:

Same.

@changeisgood, @VMcJ: Did you participate in TAMU's recruitment event at the beginning of December?

EDIT: I just checked my emails and I remembered I got an email weeks ago that my file was complete and would be reviewed "soon." Idk if that is what you got @changeisgood but I would not read too much into something like that.

Bit of a different email, but I'm not reading anything into it.  I didn't participate in the recruitment event, but I'm in a MA program right now and I didn't apply until after Dec. 1.

1 hour ago, Kenga said:

Same.

No, I didn't. And I also completed my application only in late December.

I got an email afterwards, two or three weeks ago, but it was about a missing document, which I promptly provided.

10 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Physics jokes!

At least they know how to write Higgs-Boson... so, good for them!
What I think is even better is the 3.00 in the Writing section of the GRE that apparently is enough to get into Boson University.
That seems to be a very low ranked school

7 minutes ago, Kenga said:

Due to timing and the wording of the comment, I would also assume that the Boston U one is also a troll. Or does anybody want to confirm that one?

I'm assuming everything posted today (aside from Illinois wait list) thus far is a troll.