Fall 2010 Admission Results

I hope so! i just don't see the point of updating records if you know you're not going to consider someone further. i work at a university, and we don't have that much time on our hands, haha. maybe they admit the sure things first and then haggle a little longer over the maybes. i'm not totally panicky since i'm in with funding at texas and uva, and texas is perfect for public law, but it would be nice to have the extra option...

I'm so going to call UPenn tomorrow? I don't mind getting a rejection on the phone but I do mind the suspension.

P.S. Did you receive funding info from UVa already?

Anyone else find that their Columbia application status form isn't working properly? Updating maybe...?

Mine's working fine... Maybe that's good news for you? (Or maybe just a browser issue!)

Congrats to the Princeton and Penn folks. Great achievements!

Anyone else find that their Columbia application status form isn't working properly? Updating maybe...?

I do not really think it is due to updating. When you click "Downloadable Forms", it does give an error message every once in a while, and turns out it works OK in a few hours.

Let's not get hopeful and excited. :) and paranoid maybe? :P

Mine works fine. Still no decision posted. A few people said yesterday that the problems could be caused by not logging out properly. I've had problems accessing it before, too. I just logged out, restarted my browser, and waited a while and it was fine.

Congrats to the Princeton admits!! I'm surprisingly not upset about not getting an email- then again getting accepted from UPenn the same day help ;) I think all schools should send out notifications on the same day so people don't have to be too upset about one rejection until the next acceptance. If that makes sense at all.

so does that mean that they're staggering decisions? it seems that if they have already made all of their decisions, it would be easy to just send a mass rejection email and a mass waitlist email.

i haven't been accepted anywhere either so i was starting to get pretty worked up about it, but then i realized that we don't really know what is going on with these adcomms so i am not gonna believe i got rejected until i get a letter with my name in bold saying so ;). so i would say keep hope alive because it ain't over till it's over. and i think in all likelihood they are still making decisions. i heard that sometimes it comes down to the wire because of issues with funding and such.

so does that mean that they're staggering decisions? it seems that if they have already made all of their decisions, it would be easy to just send a mass rejection email and a mass waitlist email.

I could not agree more, C. I think all schools should just send out mass acceptance, rejection, and even waitlisting emails at the same time. It's definitely doable and much more considerate to the applicants.

Edited by It'sgonnabeme

I doubt that the administrative staff consider all the neurotic applicants checking in with each other over the internet...So congrats to the Princeton admits (and WashU)! By all accounts Princeton is a fabulous place to be a graduate student.