Fall 2010 Admission Results

I could not agree more, C. I think all schools should just send out mass acceptance/rejection/waitlisting emails at the same time. It's definitely doable and much more considerate to the applicants.

i am interested in knowing, especially from people who have applied in the past, is it usually true that they send out letters to admits one day and then rejections the next? or is it a more haphazard process?

Sorry, I meant Princeton. Any IR admits at Princeton?

I like what you're thinking, but it just seems so unlikely at this point. The best I'm hoping for now is a waitlist.

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance today! Well done!

Edited by Rory

Kind of weird how one of our core regulars on this forum, cpaige, appears to have deleted her account and to be MIA. Let's hope she didn't get too overwhelmed by this process...hope she's doing well.

lol, she's still alive and well, just changed her name

haha thanks for the thoughts smile.gif i'm still here, just wanted to change my name to something not blatantly obvious, with regard to my identity.

Oh...that was stupid of me! Glad to see you're still with us and offering your insight!

haha thanks for the thoughts :) i'm still here, just wanted to change my name to something not blatantly obvious, with regard to my identity.

haha shouldn't be a problem either way, unless you are planning to start bad-mouthing departments :D

haha shouldn't be a problem either way, unless you are planning to start bad-mouthing departments :D

She was having some trouble with people rating her posts down no matter what she said.

yep, and it's still happening, despite the name change. my reputation is something awful like -19.

Seriously, who cares about those negative ratings? Some people just don't have a life you know.

I do care more about my own emotional roller-coaster these days. I cannot wait for this whole admission process to be over with. :(

Edited by It'sgonnabeme

Not to feed everyone's gmail paranoia (I too get jumpy every time I see the "(1)"), but I just legitimately found an email from a prof at a program I got into in my spam folder. I am so lucky I happened to check!

Figured I should spread the word in case this has happened to anyone else...

Who would pay a grad student $80,000 when they know we will work for peanuts. Honestly, I would just love to get into ANYWHERE right now. Even if they ivies don't become a reality, the safeties will be okay. I just want to hear SOMETHING!

And thanks for the g-mail tip. I check... nothing :(

Congratulations to all the Princeton folks. I'm assuming that no news is bad news. :-( But for those of you who made it, I am extremely happy for you and hope you have a great time there if you decide to accept.

Congrats to them as well, but don't get so down on yourself. Don't stress until you have that letter (listen to me, I'm a wreck).

Tomorrow I hope for good news!

I applied to the WWS at Princeton, so I have awhile.

Anyone hear anything about University of Washington? They say they are mailing decisions, but I don't know when I will get them. It seems odd because they emailed them last year I believe.

Anyone hear anything about University of Washington? They say they are mailing decisions, but I don't know when I will get them. It seems odd because they emailed them last year I believe.

Washington is emailing decisions, probably early next week.