Fall 2010 Admission Results

Just to update those who are interested.

I just rang GWU to ask if they can advice when notifications may be sent out (a bit impatient of me I know).

They said the Graduate Admissions Secretary is out until Monday... However, they gave me her email and I have emailed her. If I get a response I will post it here.

Just to update those who are interested.

I just rang GWU to ask if they can advice when notifications may be sent out (a bit impatient of me I know).

They said the Graduate Admissions Secretary is out until Monday... However, they gave me her email and I have emailed her. If I get a response I will post it here.

Thanks a lot. They did not respond my e-mails and I'm dying to hear from them since I have very little options left.

So do I. To be honest, GWU and AU are my last straw. Keep my fingure crossed for all of you.

I got rejected from Nebraska and mississippi (de facto) where I regarded as my safety nets. despair t.t

keep my fingers crossed too for you and for me

an NYU acceptance!! there's still hope? anyone claiming this?

Did you apply to the MA program?

Columbia and NYU (and Chicago) both refer some PhD students to their largely unfunded MA programs to make more cash for the PhD program. This is why these schools take a little bit longer to get back to applicants.

I got into NYU when I was applying to MA programs for fall 2006, and the letter came right around this time.

Anyone claiming the Notre Dame rejection? If they're finally sending them out, I'm expecting my own any time now. Just logged in online and my status hasn't been updated.

Edited by mcnollgast

Anyone claiming the Notre Dame rejection? If they're finally sending them out, I'm expecting my own any time now. Just logged in online and my status hasn't been updated.

I would guess that Notre Dame wouldn't make any further decisions until next week considering they're on Spring Break this week.

Edited by gravityflyer

Pretty cool that this forum is on the brink of breaking 3,000 posts!

I think that we can assume that any rejection postings that are isolated are probably fake. Acceptances and wait listings can be unpredictable. Rejections seems almost invariably to arrive all at once...

Hang in there everybody!

I would submit that we'll hear from a number of departments today. I know a couple of stragglers will be out on Spring Break next week and guessing they'll make some announcements before leaving.

Dont hesitate. I think as long as it is not confirmed here on the forum, we write them off as fake anyways.

LOL. Isn't it funny that I applied to 9 schools and only been contacted by 2 schools for rejections so far and nothing else? :) (and one of them was through my efforts). I really hope for some contact. I thought my mind would be at ease by mid-March.

I just got the big F-U too. I'm not surprised; their acceptance rate is hideously low if you check the statistics on their website.

Though I was hopeful since someone on the site said they accepted 15 people this year. Thats double the number of people accepted last year. Oh well, at least I was hopeful until acceptances arrived from them to some people on here and not to me.

Aaaand just received my rejection from Brown :) That makes 3 contacts so far.

Isn't it a great way to start your date? The first thing I saw this morning was my rejection from Brown. Let's see whether the DC people (and USC) will say something today...