Fall 2010 Admission Results

I second that question. Also does anyone know anything about Harvard PEG? The app deadline was later than Harvard's, if I recall correctly. Wondering if that means they get back later, too. Of course since they only accept 4 people it's a pipe-dream, but whatever...

I applied to PEG!

Congrats to all of the UCSD admits!

Did anyone get into the IRPS PhD program at UCSD yet?

I believe I applied for that (if I remember correctly...I honestly get it confused with my other 11 applications) but there was no mention of it in my acceptance letter.

Edited by card28

That cornell acceptance has to be complete BS. I think tina slater made herself pretty clear...I hope.

I agree -- I don't think Cornell could happen this early, given the number of applications and Tina's tone. *praying*

any truth to the UPenn acceptance?

I missed that in the results page. Last year, acceptances were mid-next week and rejections end of Feb.

I don't want to go writing off everyone else's good news as a hoax. But it does seem unlikely there would only be a single acceptance. On the other hand, given UPenn isn't exactly brand name in pols, it's a weird fake to do.

I missed that in the results page. Last year, acceptances were mid-next week and rejections end of Feb.

I don't want to go writing off everyone else's good news as a hoax. But it does seem unlikely there would only be a single acceptance. On the other hand, given UPenn isn't exactly brand name in pols, it's a weird fake to do.

This is exactly why I don't want to discount the post. Then again I logged into my app and there is no information besides "Submitted" next to application status. In the past all acceptances have been by email, and rejections by website. So I'm praying its a good sign.

I really really really hope its a hoax.

This is exactly why I don't want to discount the post. Then again I logged into my app and there is no information besides "Submitted" next to application status. In the past all acceptances have been by email, and rejections by website. So I'm praying its a good sign.

I really really really hope its a hoax.

There have been several hoaxes and they seem to be concentrated on the ivies (although there were two Berkeley's at the start of January) so I'd take any results not claimed by at least one person on the thread with a grain of salt.

It's probably some sad, drunk aspiring business student sitting alone in his dorm room and trying to rile up some pinko polisci students after getting rejected from Wharton. Let's just allow him his cheap thrill.

If it's legit, I apologize to whoever earned it (and offer congratulations) and don't mean any malice by it... Just trying to add some levity around these parts.

Oxon, I hope you're feeling better, and I know how ridiculously wrong that was, but this is still making me laugh every time I read it:

Hahaha yes it makes me laugh too. smile.gif I guess I'm obsessed with Harvard...

I had to eat three bars of chocolate and smoke 17 cigarettes to calm me down... If I am not suffering a nervous breakdown until the end of Feb, I will definitely shorten my life that way... wink.gif

Can anyone claiming the NYU acceptance for the international applicant on the result page ? Seeing international applicant gets notification as well at the same time makes me think I might be rejected......:( ( thought I would be a good fit though)

As someone who got one of those spots (that makes 4 here on gradcafe), I'm still a bit nerve-wracked at this point. They're going to schedule me for an interview, yet I've no clear idea the likelihood of being admitted. No matter how large the applicant pool was for Emory, getting this far hasn't made possibly being out at Northwestern, NYU and Berkeley feel any better....

I'm like in the biggest limbo - uncertain good news balanced with possible bad news :(

Perhaps I'm being a bit pessimistic.

Any other Emory applicants feel the same way?

I'm a little puzzled by what's going on with Emory. I have been admitted there under no uncertain terms. However, I am still getting interviewed. My impressions was that it was only to see how competent I am before they offer me a better funding package (which they teased in my admission email). I've also spoken and/or emailed multiple people in the department to discuss me going there. Am I different from the rest of y'all? (See what I did there? Yeah? Yeah?)

Hi together!

I just decided to give up the lurking and leave my state of depression for some minutes for my first post. As you can see from my signature, the admission process has been very quiet for me so far but let's see if the upcoming day has some better news (I keep telling that to myself for a big while now lol).

Here are some broad stats about me:

Subfield: Comparative

GRE: 1460 > x > 1530 (buth scores over 700)

BA from a top school in Europe with a GPA > 3.7, MA GPA >3.7

Wish you all a lot of luck and congratulations to those who have received acceptance letters already!!

Btw, when are we expecting Columbia?

Great to be European. I can have a conversation with myself. Makes me feel very reflective. huh.gif

I've heard from an inside source that Columbia will release decisions on the 19th of Feb