Fall 2010 Admission Results

After three rejections, I won't bother getting excited for Columbia. :) Will be a calm week for me. Unless we are expecting Georgetown this week too...? Or do you guys think it'll be the following week?

I think Gtown notified around Feb 20th last year, so its possible acceptances will be sent out this week...

I know for a fact that, at least as of the end of January, the Gtown admissions committee was not expecting to meet until the end of February, so don't expect decisions until the first week of March.

I stand corrected. Here's to hoping that Columbia, Princeton and Harvard come through for us this week...

I just want to wish everybody who's waiting on a big decision this week the best of luck. I know how tough it can be to wait during the week, wondering when the answer is going to be there. The good news is that we'll probably only have to go through this routine this week and then the next two weeks after that. Once the first week of March is over, we'll be able to move on and talk about our visits, any waitlist drama going on with our schools, and of course the ultimate chapter- where we've decided to enroll this fall. I'm definitely relieved that we've only got a few weeks left, however, in this tough segment of the process. Again, best of luck to everybody!

Edited by APGradApplicant

I just want to wish everybody who's waiting on a big decision this week the best of luck. I know how tough it can be to wait during the week, wondering when the answer is going to be there. The good news is that we'll probably only have to go through this routine this week and then the next two weeks after that. Once the first week of March is over, we'll be able to move on and talk about our visits, any waitlist drama going on with our schools, and of course the ultimate chapter- where we've decided to enroll this fall. I'm definitely relieved that we've only got a few weeks left, however, in this tough segment of the process. Again, best of luck to everybody!

Thanks a lot APGA. I hope this week will bring good news to all of us.

I just want to wish everybody who's waiting on a big decision this week the best of luck. I know how tough it can be to wait during the week, wondering when the answer is going to be there.

Thank you... good luck to you too! smile.gif

I have heard absolutely *nothing* since I got Stanford. I am hoping this will finally change this week...

Even the thought that Harvard and Princeton decisions might come out in the next couple of days makes me shiver... it's going to be a loooooong and painful ride now.. sad.gif

Yale should be out soon. There were a fair number of rejections on Friday.

Yale should be out soon. There were a fair number of rejections on Friday.

The only places I would consider choosing over Stanford are Princeton and Harvard, I think. I don't think I would be a good match for Yale. I am even thinking about withdrawing my application.

Have you got any further in your decision making process? I have been bombarded with Stanford emails from students and professors. They seem quite enthusiastic, which is a good feeling.

Yup, Columbia form works for me as well.

On another note - has anyone else applied to Oxford? Am I right that we're not expecting to hear from them until the middle of March? Seems like a looooooong wait for that one....

Yup, Columbia form works for me as well.

On another note - has anyone else applied to Oxford? Am I right that we're not expecting to hear from them until the middle of March? Seems like a looooooong wait for that one....

I think it depends on when you applied. I know they were already making some decisions in November, even though they don't have rolling admissions.

I know that I'm in for the MPhil IR, though unofficially.

I think it depends on when you applied. I know they were already making some decisions in November, even though they don't have rolling admissions.

I know that I'm in for the MPhil IR, though unofficially.

I'm guessing that you know from one of your old profs, yes? Think it's my last hope after my LSE disaster!

I'm guessing that you know from one of your old profs, yes? Think it's my last hope after my LSE disaster!

Yup.

Don't worry too much yet! I know it's hard... but things might work out fine in the end, and then you wasted all this time for nothing. smile.gif You are still waiting to hear from lots of places...

Edited by Oxon