Fall 2010 Admission Results

Got into Princeton! (I got a generic email today from the DGS so I called in to make sure and apparently the Dept sent their initial letter to the wrong email address) So thankful right now :D

LOL. So wait, did they send your acceptance to some wrong e-mail address and they just found out about it and rectified it?

Congrats :)

LOL. So wait, did they send your acceptance to some wrong e-mail address and they just found out about it and rectified it?

Congrats :)

i'm not sure if they sent the email to the wrong student. she had a comcast email address down for me.. (i use gmail...)

Anyone know, does Columbia tend to forward a lot of applicants rejected for the PhD to the MA program?

They do, actually.

From Columbia's website:

"There are approximately 50-75 prospective students who apply directly to the MAO program each year. In addition to this number, some students rejected from the PhD program for that year are given the option of being considered for the MAO program. Thus the number of students being considered for the MAO program can vary a fair amount each year from only 75 to as many as 200 or more. A different number of students is admitted each year, usually aiming for a class size between 15 and 20. As the number of admits varies as well as the number of applications, there is no average percentage that would accurately reflect the chance for admission for each class of applicants."

Kinda sucks for the people applying directly to the master's.

Is there any moderator with the power to at some point erase last week's fake Yale-Harvard-Princeton results and today's fake Columbia-Harvard results? While everyone here right now has figured it out, I feel bad for people next year who are going to be totally confused about what's going on.

Aren't some of the Harvard and Columbia ones real? One person claimed the Harvard call.. I wonder if the newest one is real too...

The Columbia acceptances are real, the rejections are not. The Harvard ones are fake as well, it's pretty clear. I don't think anyone has claimed anything, that only happens when it's fake.

I claim Stanford GSB rejection: randomly checked the website. Also, I haven't heard anything from Princeton (Funny)...

Just got my GSB rejection via the website (after an email telling me to check). 650 apps, 2 acceptances...so I'm not too surprised.

Just got my GSB rejection via the website (after an email telling me to check). 650 apps, 2 acceptances...so I'm not too surprised.

My God, really? 2/650? There's no way a polisci major can overcome that odd. The two spots probably belong to some summa cum laude economics/math majors from MIT in the first place. Just saying.

Geez, I think a 0.3% acceptance rate should be considered a borderline scam at ~$100/app.

App fees alone have paid for tuition and stipend for one of those acceptances for their first year...

Just got my GSB rejection via the website (after an email telling me to check). 650 apps, 2 acceptances...

Are you referring to the Political Economics PhD? (sorry if this is obvious, but I'm new in the forum)

Edited by mj7

Add me to the Princeton pile o' rejects. Not too upset, though an unofficial rejection from Columbia is hurting. I thought I was a good fit there. Just in case they're doing it by subfield, though: any comp politics admits?

You all know what next week is, right? The week of the H-bomb's landing (in all likelihood). I plan to spend the weekend mentally preparing myself for the rejection. :unsure:

Also: what's going on with these columbia waitlists by phone? has anyone claimed them?

and another princeton rejection...i am pretty disheartened, but at least i didn't even apply to columbia! i'm really hoping for an east coast admit next week (not even really daring to fantasize about the H-bomb).