Columbia School of Social Work - 2017

adorablepancreas

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about them changing the process this year? This is a lot of early acceptances! And I'm anxiously dying of anticipation haha. 

Also congratulations to everyone who got in! That's amazing! 

2 hours ago, lunabathory said:

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about them changing the process this year? This is a lot of early acceptances! And I'm anxiously dying of anticipation haha. 

Also congratulations to everyone who got in! That's amazing! 

CONGRATS!!!! Maybe we will see each other there! Happy for you!! 

Congrats to all who were accepted!! That does make me a bit nervous though that there was a wave of acceptances today. I got an email just about a week ago that my application was finally complete so maybe I'm just being impatient. When I log onto the application portal though my application status still just says "submitted" :/

Maybe they are accepting people from certain programs. I applied to the online advanced standing program in November, and I still have not heard anything back. I got an email three weeks ago saying my application is under review.... so I am also nervous!!

35 minutes ago, Kim_MSW said:

I applied by the priority deadline and received my acceptance around 5:00 yesterday evening! Does anyone know when we have to commit? I'm still waiting to hear from the rest of my schools before I decide.

Hey! I was wondering the same thing. I was accepted to the 2 year traditional MSW program about one week ago. I have yet to hear back from my 4 other schools (NYU, Fordham, hunter, and Stony Brook) and have a feeling I won't hear back from some of those for awhile. Stony brook application deadline isn't even until march 1! I did read on a previous thread that a few people in years before this were able to call and have their deadline to comit extended as they were also waiting to hear back from other programs. I don't think we need to worry so much about it at the moment.. congratulations on your acceptance! Enjoy the moment! 

It's me again, lol. Anyone know when we will be hearing about financial aid? Also, anyone know if Columbia provides academic scholarships or just financial-need aid?

18 hours ago, Kdubbub said:

Congrats to all who were accepted!! That does make me a bit nervous though that there was a wave of acceptances today. I got an email just about a week ago that my application was finally complete so maybe I'm just being impatient. When I log onto the application portal though my application status still just says "submitted" :/

Did you apply to the advanced standing?? I am in a similar situation!

10 hours ago, Kim_MSW said:

I applied by the priority deadline and received my acceptance around 5:00 yesterday evening! Does anyone know when we have to commit? I'm still waiting to hear from the rest of my schools before I decide.

Congratulations!!! I am also wondering how long we have until we have to commit....Columbia is my top choice! But I want to see if any other schools offer funding packages which can possibly be matched. 

1 hour ago, AislingM said:

If you would like, message me your email...maybe we can set up something on Facebook

I would love to be a part of the group. My email is rg746@scarletmail.rutgers.edu. Also we have until march 15 to mail in the 400 dollars  to hold your spot. 

Hey all!

I'm glad to find out that many people are interested in going to the grad school of Social Work! I also applied to several Masters program of Social Work and one PhD program: U of Michigan (phd), U of Chicago, WashU, and Columbia. I got an admission from WashU(12/24) and Columbia(1/25), but haven't heard from other schools.  Have anyone heard from U of Michigan or U of Chicago? They are my higher preferences than WashU and Columbia, so I'm getting pretty nervous right now :( 

It'd be great if we all can share some information! Good luck to you all :)