Feeling application burn out?

hector549

Mostly just venting here: anyone else feeling burned out with the application process? I've been working for the past three months using every free second I have for GRE study/sample revision/etc, while also working full time. My thought is that balancing all this is good practice for a graduate program. Nonetheless, I've been feeling kind of tired and ready to wrap up my last apps. How are others feeling about this whole process right now?

I definitely understand the burnt out feeling - but there's a light at the end, I promise! I just finished up over the weekend and am now feeling endlessly better.

Now I'm just following up any making sure everything was received and that's a lot better than frantically trying to pull it together. I'm sure it will all be worth it in a few months! (I hope) Good luck on finishing up your apps :) 

I'm so tired of re-reading and re-re-reading my writing sample.  I'm also tired of filling out my name, my school information, and my referee information a bajillion times.  I know we're on the last stretch here, but with so many deadlines on Jan 15, I feel like it's less of a last stretch as much as it's just piling up near the end. Juggling this crap with a job really just makes me want to get all the applications over with.  Of course, I know how much money I'm spending and how much this means to me, so I can't half ass anything.

I will be very upset if I get shut out.

@goldenstardust11 thanks for the encouragement! You're right that this phase is nearly done, and all the work will pay off. @matchamatcha I'm with you. I will say that one good thing about doing this while working is that I've had something that I really care about to put my time and energy into, unlike my stupid job.

burn out is tough. i was shut out last year.  and i was surprised that rather than not being accepted and not knowing what i would be doing for the next year, maybe the worst part of not getting in to any program was thinking about how much work i put into my applications. (not to mention all the $!) 

but best of luck to everyone this year. the application process is difficult.  

but, i must say, applying for a second time has been much smoother: not only do i think my application is stronger this year, but i have also been much less stressed by the whole process. 

heres to hoping we all get in, and the hard work pays off!! 

Apparently BU's application system decided by itself that I didn't waive my right to access recommendations.  I double checked, and I do indeed have the waive my right box checked off.  Now I have to deal with whatever tech support they want to give me.  Can I just curl up into a ball and cry yet?